LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Starter Wires, Help

Old 03-12-2014, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Starter Wires, Help

I have a 1993 Z28 with LT1. Just did a complete 383 kit and am all finished except for an unknown on 2 wires, both black with white stripes running through a heat tape loom to the starter with a total of 5 wires running through it. One is for the knock sensor, one purple one for small starter screw, one is for O2 Sensor and the 2 black with white stripes are unknown to me, I believe they are ground wires to the block. My buddy thinks they go to the starter screw with the purple wire. Can someone please help.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike p lt1
I have a 1993 Z28 with LT1. Just did a complete 383 kit and am all finished except for an unknown on 2 wires, both black with white stripes running through a heat tape loom to the starter with a total of 5 wires running through it. One is for the knock sensor, one purple one for small starter screw, one is for O2 Sensor and the 2 black with white stripes are unknown to me, I believe they are ground wires to the block. My buddy thinks they go to the starter screw with the purple wire. Can someone please help.
I made that same mistake, you should only have two wires total to the starter. One from the battery, and one to start. The other wire is a ground.
http://shbox.com/1/g103.jpg
Take a look at the above picture.

I hope this helps!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mike p lt1
... My buddy thinks they go to the starter screw with the purple wire. Can someone please help.
Put them on with the purple wire and you will have a dead short when you hit the key. Potential computer damage could result.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT1 Starter Wires, Help