Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tb swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tb swap

I looked on youtube but found nothing,does anyone know the process for swapping ls1 to ls6 tb? mine is a cable driven and the ls6 is electric
Old 03-13-2014, 01:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need a completely different operating system & harness. Idk why you would want to change to electric. The cable TB is easier & cheaper to swap around and typically easier to tune. F-body LS1 DBC TB is 78mm, LS6 DBW is 80mm, & some DBC 6.0 truck TB's are 80mm well. The 2 or 3 HP (if that) doesn't warrant the price in the swap. Just because it came off of an LS6 doesn't make it the end all be all performance part. I see & hear so many people wanting to put bone stock 243 castings (LS6) heads on their cars or trucks thinking it'll be a huge gain when in reality they only gain maybe 10 rwhp. That's not much HP for the $ spent to do the swap.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamrdown
You need a completely different operating system & harness. Idk why you would want to change to electric. The cable TB is easier & cheaper to swap around and typically easier to tune. F-body LS1 DBC TB is 78mm, LS6 DBW is 80mm, & some DBC 6.0 truck TB's are 80mm well. The 2 or 3 HP (if that) doesn't warrant the price in the swap. Just because it came off of an LS6 doesn't make it the end all be all performance part. I see & hear so many people wanting to put bone stock 243 castings (LS6) heads on their cars or trucks thinking it'll be a huge gain when in reality they only gain maybe 10 rwhp. That's not much HP for the $ spent to do the swap.
I appreciate the info I was asking because I'm buying the ls6 intake and injectors. My injectors are leaking and I didn't know if a ls1 tb would go on a ls6 intake so wanted to know how it could be done

Quick Reply: tb swap