Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

GI: FS/FT 1999 Camaro (Jack of all auto sports)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default GI: FS/FT 1999 Camaro (Jack of all auto sports)

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $7900
Mileage: 174000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): VA
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Gauging interest in my 1999 Camaro SS. I hate to get rid of this car, I've really had a blast owning it.

Anyway, I took it for VA state inspection and the failed it for missing EGR/AIR system. I am NOT pulling off the headers and buying all that crap just to get this car back on the road. It's been off the road for the last year anyway (17 year old driver in the house, had to save on insurance somehow), so I'm kind of used to being with out it.

Anyway, I had to put a price in there, not really sure what it's worth, I'll do my best to list all its mods and the good/bad stuff about it below. Post up what you have in mind for a trade (car or sportbike), whatever you have has to be fast (relatively speaking) and pass VA state/emission inspections.

Dyno numbers were through a Catted Y at Force Fed Performance in Sacramento, CA

Track times were on DRs at M.I.R in MD

Chasis/Suspension MODS:
- Koni 4/4s with Strano Springs
- Midwest Chassis (MWC) Long Torque arm w/ T-56 cross member
- MWC Lower Control arms
- Bolt-in tubular SFCs
- Strano adjustable PHR
- All suspension components are Rod-ended... zero binding

Drivetrain
- Under drive crank pulley
- TR226 cam on 114lsa (smog friendly)
- LS7 clutch
- Pro 5.0
- PST 3.5" drive shaft
- MWC Fab 9" ($4000 shipped to my door)
-- Stock width Rear end
-- Strange aluminum Case
-- Daytona support
-- Yoke
-- Billet clutch posi
-- Yukon 4.11 gear (comes w/ free gear whine too )
-- 4ch ABS
-- 31 spline axles Strange
-- 12mm studs + 1/2 holes
-- Back brace
-- Black powder coat

Exhaust:
- Pace setter coated LTs
- TSP Catted Y and Pacesetter ORY
- DMH Electric cutout
- Magnaflow stainless catback

Brakes:
- Front
-- C5 conversion brackets
-- Slotted/Drilled 13" rotors (street)
-- Napa lifetime guarantee 13" Rotors (track)
-- Hawk HPS (Street)
-- Hawk HP+ (Track - 50% life left)
-- Custom fab brake ducts (hoses need replacement)
- Rear are stock w/ slotted/drilled rotors

Induction:
- Free RAM Air Mod
- SLP lid
- Smooth bellows
- LS6 Intake

Audio:
- Older Kenwood Xcelon CD/MP3 player (no USB) but it does have Aux in
- 500/1 Alpine Sub Amp
- 300/4 Alpine Amp
- 10" Alpine Type R in a JL Audio stealhbox
- Amps are mounted to the trunk panel so they can be hidden

Car is in very good shape for the age/mileage. Gray leather interior is in good shape no cuts/tears, normal wear of course. Dash has no cracks, the ash tray is cracked though from where I installed the switch for the cutout. Some minor carpet damage in the back (covered by floor mat) where a leaky car battery spilled.

Car runs and drives very strong, paint still has a real nice shine to it, but it has the typical chips here and there to be expected considering it's mileage.

Car is definitely streetable, but it rides very firm...you definitely feel the road. It handles incredibly well though. The audio deck has a g-meter in it and on Infineon race way, I pulled a 1.37g max on Falken street tires. On Kumho XS street tires, I was the highest placed street tire driver in AutoX back in 2011 in WDCR Street mod class (I think 7th overall).

True to my title block though, the car can really do it all, It dead hooks at the drag strip (no wheel hop on the burnout) on the included M/T DRs mounted to 16" salad shooters and got me to my 12.25 at MIR. I think my 60's were 1.6ish?? I can't remember for sure though. The DR's probably have about 10 passes on them and are currently mounted on the car.

Here's the bad:
- Car won't pass VA visual for missing A.I.R and EGR
- Passenger fender has a small piece missing (.25"x1") from where a shop used a floor jack and cracked the fender
- I no longer have the wheels pictured in the attachments, I was planning on getting some light weight rims, but haven't yet so it's sitting on DR/salad shooters in the rear and gray aftermarket C5 z06 wheels up front. I have the rear z06 wheels but the tires are low on tread and need to be replaced
- Side molding on the car has some minor discoloration
- Various wear and tear on the exterior representative of age/miles

That's about it, I just found out about the inspection challenges today, so I'm definitely looking at ways to keep the car. I may just put it back in storage or use it as an off-road car only...But, I haven't raced it since the 2011 AutoX season, so I'm not sure I want to go that route.

Which reminds me, the car has been raced on Thunderhill, Infineon, Leguna Seca, and yes, Nurburgring when I was stationed in Germany. Track stickers are on the rear window...can't believe I'm thinking about getting rid of this car.

VA can kiss my
Attached Thumbnails GI:  FS/FT 1999 Camaro (Jack of all auto sports)-dscn4684.jpg   GI:  FS/FT 1999 Camaro (Jack of all auto sports)-dscn4688.jpg   GI:  FS/FT 1999 Camaro (Jack of all auto sports)-dscn4701.jpg  

Last edited by z28ss4me; 03-17-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking car, and very nice list of mods. Not sure how your state works, but is there anything else you can do? I know in Illinois we can get collector plates that make your car exempt from emissions. You have to put collector insurance on it and prove don't put over X amt of miles a year on the car, but for most people with a car like this that is not a problem at all.

Or have the car plated in another state. You got any family or close friends that live somewhere where emission laws aren't as strict? See if they would let you use their address to plate the car there.

Hate to see someone forced to sell a nice car they really enjoy. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Socket
Great looking car, and very nice list of mods. Not sure how your state works, but is there anything else you can do? I know in Illinois we can get collector plates that make your car exempt from emissions. You have to put collector insurance on it and prove don't put over X amt of miles a year on the car, but for most people with a car like this that is not a problem at all.

Or have the car plated in another state. You got any family or close friends that live somewhere where emission laws aren't as strict? See if they would let you use their address to plate the car there.

Hate to see someone forced to sell a nice car they really enjoy. Good luck.
Thanks Socket...that collector car idea may be an option, I'll give DMV a call tomorrow and see what I can find out. The other state option probably won't work though, although I do have family in SC, I think the po po around here would catch on pretty quick that I should have VA plates. The car tends to make a statement if you know what I mean.

Oh, and the really sad part...I can avoid the emissions inspection, that's no problem, the stupid state safety inspection includes a visual inspection of all emission component...ho that has anything to do with safety, I'll never know.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn it! Car has to be 25 years old to be exempt from the state safety inspection.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Have any interest in Waverunners? I have a 2008 Yamaha FXSHO, trailer, jackets and wake board.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paules94Z
Have any interest in Waverunners? I have a 2008 Yamaha FXSHO, trailer, jackets and wake board.
Sorry man, I don't think I'd get enough use out of something like that. Thanks though.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Teching In

PM sent
Old 03-16-2014, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Up up up
Old 03-17-2014, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

i have a nice 04 z71 tahoe i would come to you, you can reach me at 2706054200
Old 03-17-2014, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badazzt/a
i have a nice 04 z71 tahoe i would come to you, you can reach me at 2706054200
We're actually pretty happy with our Tahoe, but thanks.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Up up up
Old 03-19-2014, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Daily bump

Quick Reply: GI: FS/FT 1999 Camaro (Jack of all auto sports)