Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

bottom and top of spoiler coming apart.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bottom and top of spoiler coming apart.

I have the standard base model spoiler w/tail light for 93-02 camaro.

Ever since I stiffened the suspension I've noticed a horrible plastic to plastic smacking noise coming from the back hatch. When I closed the hatch one day, I noticed that the bottom of the spoiler moves away from the top part at the seam, slapping it when it comes back up. Makes the exact same noise! Is this normal? What would you recommend to fix it? Jb weld, clear epoxy?
Old 03-19-2014, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would check classifieds first. I have had my stock spoiler in my basement for 8 years now. I would let it go for $20 if you were closer
Old 03-19-2014, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to an SS spoiler!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tolley's94z28
I guess it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to an SS spoiler!
I picked up one of ebay a couple of years ago with the correct SLP light for $150? I think the seller was called the spoilercompany.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smg267
I picked up one of ebay a couple of years ago with the correct SLP light for $150? I think the seller was called the spoilercompany.
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check them out after I deal with my pile of goodies still waiting to be thrown on!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tolley's94z28
I have the standard base model spoiler w/tail light for 93-02 camaro.

Ever since I stiffened the suspension I've noticed a horrible plastic to plastic smacking noise coming from the back hatch. When I closed the hatch one day, I noticed that the bottom of the spoiler moves away from the top part at the seam, slapping it when it comes back up. Makes the exact same noise! Is this normal? What would you recommend to fix it? Jb weld, clear epoxy?
I have a bone stock ws6 and mine has been doing this for as long as i can remember... it was only recently that i realized that it was the top separating from from the bottom of the high-rise spoiler... but one of my plans is to mold the 2 pieces together so the whole spoiler is one piece... but that is far from a "simple" fix lol
Old 03-21-2014, 06:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thetmeister05

I have a bone stock ws6 and mine has been doing this for as long as i can remember... it was only recently that i realized that it was the top separating from from the bottom of the high-rise spoiler... but one of my plans is to mold the 2 pieces together so the whole spoiler is one piece... but that is far from a "simple" fix lol
I've got a pretty decent body shop down the road. Im small change so they just let me borrow/use **** sometimes. I think Im going to pull the whole thing apart and pay them to let me use some auto body adhesive, since that **** is so expensive. That should stop the problem, at least for a little while.

Quick Reply: bottom and top of spoiler coming apart.