Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

1995 Camaro 3.4L v6 (Getting gas into oil pan.)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Camaro 3.4L v6 (Getting gas into oil pan.)

I need some helpful advice, I just bought this Camaro as a project car so time and money aren't an issue. And i really want to keep the engine i have in it if i can. Anyways, the car sat up for nearly a year before i got it, it can turn over and drive (just a little bit before it floods out i'm guessing) but when i got it it idled at about 3 to 4,000 Rpms and I had to fix a pcv vacuum leak and now it stays at about 2,000 to 1,500 Rpms. Also it runs extremely rich, I drove it around the corner from my house and it died on me about 1/8th of a mile out at a stop sign, the fuel gauge was at half and it fell to a quarter. I got some new oil for it the next day and filled a 2 gallon bucket with gas and oil mixture. Now comes the strange part, it has a lot of white smoke coming from the tailpipe and it smells strongly of gas. Coolant levels are staying the same and so is the oil. (The white smoke comes and goes as well, in large or small amounts.) I've taken out the fuel injectors and rail and soaked them in Carb Cleaner along with the throttle body, and recently got a newer looking fuel rail off of another camaro and installed it, Bought it a new map sensor, cleaned the airflow sensor, changed the spark plugs, oil filter and oil ( twice) tried another ECU on it from a 94 Camaro( no difference) and cleaned the connectors with electrical cleaner, checked the fuel pressure regulator for fuel( it was alright), and alot of other things. It came with a K&N 57 Series FIPK Air Intake, and a JET Performance Chip( which makes it run less rough, I took it off to see what it would do and the engine sputtered alot with it off.) And it has 169K Miles. Please help me out.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:00 PM

Also did a comression test yesterday, gas and oil in the sparkplug holes as well. I dont know if gas would make the comression worse but we got 66 psi on each cylinder, then we shot some oil into a couple of the holes and we got a 130 psi reading.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Sounds like a stuck injector.
Gas will wash the cylinders down and they won't get a good seal.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:05 PM

Yeah, injectors arent in good shape, could intake manifold gaskets also be a problem?

Quick Reply: 1995 Camaro 3.4L v6 (Getting gas into oil pan.)