Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aux Inputs

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aux Inputs

Alrighty, My problem is that I'd like to connect my handheld MP3 player to the stock stereo in my 1999 Formula Firebird. My major headache seems to be that in all the threads I looked at you need to have a HU that has the CD/Aux button. I don't. I've got the older AM/FM/Single CD dash unit. Don't even think the changer was an option for me. So, does anyone have any idea if there is an adaptor I can get. I don't need to control the MP3 player with the HU controls, I just want the sound to go through the amp and out the speakers.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:15 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Check the back of the head unit to see if it has a 9-pin CD changer port. If it does, you can use the PIE X3 multiple auxiliary interface. It allows you add up to three devices using a special switch that is included. More information here: http://www.pie.net/sec14sb3.htm

If you don't have the 9-pin port on the radio then I'm afraid you're out of luck. You'll have to use an FM modulator to run your MP3 player through the radio.