Anyone work on pools that will actually show up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone work on pools that will actually show up?

Does anyone here work on pools? I need the heater looked at on mine and can't get anyone to call me back, and the ones who do set up an appointment, are no call no shows! I'm pretty sure it's got plugged burners. One will light and burn for a few minutes, but the rest won't ignite at all. I took today off to get it fixed and the clown said he'd call this am... At 4:15 I called to find out where they are, and he's in the Woodlands and can't get down here today. It would have been nice if he would have called and let me know that since I have been here waiting on him all damn day!!
Old 03-21-2014, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's my in-laws experience with the same thing this winter. Set up an appointment, and no call no show. All of them do it apparently, and how they're all still in business, I'll never know. It apparently works the same way when you need a part too. They just guess at what you need, it takes forever to get the part, then it takes forever for them to get back to your house, only to find out it's the wrong part and you have to do the whole damn thing over again.

Good luck.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Pool heaters are the BIGGEST pain in the ***. I'm a plumber and at my old company we used to work on heaters but we turned down the pool ones because they tend to just become ongoing problems. What brand is it?
Old 03-22-2014, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I work on pools but can't guarantee I'll be there.

j/k
Old 03-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

FWIW, the past winter my pool heater wasn't working. It would kick on the initial flames which would then be knocked out when the blower kicked on. I fixed it myself by cleaning the gas nozzle tips with sandpaper and then doing the same to the flame/heat sensor (pretty much a metal stick poking into the fire box that gets corroded). It fired right up and worked all winter.

Sorry for all of the technical lingo and 100% accurate verbiage in the above document.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
I work on pools but can't guarantee I'll be there.

j/k
Old 03-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
FWIW, the past winter my pool heater wasn't working. It would kick on the initial flames which would then be knocked out when the blower kicked on. I fixed it myself by cleaning the gas nozzle tips with sandpaper and then doing the same to the flame/heat sensor (pretty much a metal stick poking into the fire box that gets corroded). It fired right up and worked all winter.

Sorry for all of the technical lingo and 100% accurate verbiage in the above document.
Yeah.. I`m starting an 8 week turnaround on nites next week and I have a long *** honey-do list of things to need to get done before hand. I was hoping I could get someone to come look at it and fix it, but I guess I will just do it myself.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 AM
10 Second Club

I Just talked to Matt, he is expecting your call.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:17 AM
Teching In

good deal... thanks again!

Quick Reply: Anyone work on pools that will actually show up?