LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cam and Heads package?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam and Heads package?

Hey everyone okay so i posted before about the LT! and going up to 500 to 600 hp but i decided to do redo my plan. so let me break everything down.

I have a

1993 chevy camaro 1993 z28 lt1
Cooler KN intake
Fully Build 700r4 Trans with Shift kit..
Headers
58 Ported Intake man.
58 Throttle body

this is what i have in it so far. just some basic.

Now i have the motor out and having it Rebuild but before we start putting it back together i wanted to know what is a good Heads and Cam that will be best for a 1993 lt1 motor. Also a Pistons and rods as well? again i have up to $ 5000 to play around with so il be happy with only 400 HP just ask long it last . Thanks If anyone can give me any other advise with the lt1 that would be great thanks
Old 03-22-2014, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For 5k just do a stock bottom end with a bad *** heads and cam from LE or AI. You can get well over 400 to wheels with the right components and supporting mods. Also, your going to need a new differential shortly after if you launch it too hard. Probably all kinds of little stuff too.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Will the LE or AI package Fit Bolt on to my LT1 motor? cause i was thinking about Also thinking about Building the bottom end as well. with the LE package
Old 03-23-2014, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

I just posted in your other thread as well. Right now my AFR heads are in the hands of Lloyd Elliott and he is putting together my complete SR cam setup as well. Just from the numerous conversations I've had with LE to this point I cannot say enough good and I don't even have my stuff back yet, however, I am confident I will be even happier then! Super knowledgeable and great to talk to (customer service). The first time I've experienced saving $$ by using a middle man! I cannot speak for AI or anyone else but I'd say you cannot go wrong with LE! Also, when it comes to tuning after the build, which is absolutely necessary as well, I've had the same experience with Solomon and will be going back with my 396 build.

Quick Reply: Cam and Heads package?