Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another header question

Old 03-24-2014, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Another header question

I read every exhaust post I find here, with great interest. I didn't want to hijack any, so I started this "new" thread.

Long tubes to 2.5" duals vs. long tubes to OYP and 3" exhaust. Which one makes better power, and where? Don't really care about the sound. The cost of each one is close enough to call it even when it's all done.

I would love to see a picture of something like speed engineering long tubes installed, from the rear. I'd like to see how close fitting the collectors and pipes are.

I'm putting this engine into a Miata sized chassis, and clearances are very tight. If the long tubes won't fit, I'll have to use shorties.

Anyone have experience with BBK shorties?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the BBK's now and I would stay away from them. After only 12k miles they're brown and are leaking by the collector on one side. Keep in mind I did buy the cheaper ones. I think they're around 308 on Maryland speed. However, I wouldn't purchase them again, as I'm already looking for something new.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Hmm. That's not very encouraging. I'v always heard good things about BBK. Although I do think they're over priced.

Hopefully, some kind soul will post some pictures I can use for comparison.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Well, look what I found!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...l#post18108930

That answers that question. For my application, I need collectors that are tucked in a lot tighter to the transmission. Not a lot of room in this chassis. Hmmm. I'll keep looking. But I think I'll end up with shorties. Don't have the cash for custom made headers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another header question