Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ats intercooled twin turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ats intercooled twin turbo kit

looking at putting some boost down on my LS1 before summer. In was going to go nitrous but everyone ive talked to has told me not to do that. Just wanted to get some of the more experienced opinions on this TT kit by APS. Honestly i dont know really much about turbo's except for the basics so thats why im asking. Please bare with me. Does it seem like a legit setup? One thing i noticed is the turbo's are located under the car instead of on the front like normal. Im thinking this is to help some with heat but im not sure. It all looks good to me but i know there are alot of cheap systems for cars that look really good and then break the day after you put it on... Let me know what you guys think of this kit? Is it a good buy or no?

http://www.airpowersystems.com/ls1/us_gto.htm
Old 03-25-2014, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Alot of people found out that the supplied APS turbos are garbage, people had lots of failures with them. The Aftermarket replacement turbos are good but are $$$$$$.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:01 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an APS kit, actually about to put it up for sale. Awesome kit, minus the junk turbos it came with. I replaced them with eBay units and theyve been running strong for thousand sof miles now. All this has been on low boost though (8psi). The kit is engineered weel overall though.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

The kits are definetly not cheap made kits, but they do have a few issues to be remedied. Base f-body turbos are junk, inlets need to be stinted.... Like said before they are super nice kits and perform very well. This is my aps kit with upgraded turbos on 14psi.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:42 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys! Can anyone tell me the price of the kit? I'll end up upgrading the turbos not to long after i get the kit anyways so that wont be a problem.

Quick Reply: Ats intercooled twin turbo kit