Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 with CTS-V Accessory Drive?

Old 03-29-2014, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 with CTS-V Accessory Drive?

Scenario: Dropped my 05 LM7 into my S14 240sx chassis. Due to the space constraints between the Taurus E-fans and the Fbody accessory drive for the turbo setup, I am contemplating picking up a CTS-V accessory drive.

Question: Will the CTS-V accessory drive work with the iron block 5.3? Only reason I ask is because all of the vendors specifically note that the accessory drive is not compatible with the iron blocks. Is this because the Alt. Bracket mounting point on the block does not exist and would need to be drilled and threaded as is the case when swapping over Fbody accessories onto the 5.3? If thats the case then its no issue as the Alt Bracket mounting point has already been tapped and threaded.

Much appreciated gents.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

It should minus 1 bolt and having to drill another. I run this setup on my lq9 s13. The bolt/hole at the back of the alternator and the lowest bolt on the bracket on the side of the balancer are already there. Once you bolt the alternator/bracket to the block using those two bolts you can line up/mark the outer most bolt on the front of the block to drill and tap. There will be one bolt missing completely and its the upper bolt on the front near the water pump.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

^^^Really appreciate it. I had to do the same for my Fbody accessories so I am good to go.

So glad you responded. Follow up question, I was reading somewhere that you have to get a custom setup for the Power Steering lines from the pump due to the CTSV PS Pump providing more pressure than the 240sx chassis is designed for. A few articles scurry around the point but no one really provided detail as to how they went about actually tackling the issue.

Mind sharing what you did to fix this issue?

Any build thread for your setup?
Old 03-30-2014, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

I went with a turn one CTS pump adapter. When I asked about the pressure theey told me their adapter was already sized for this pump and a 240sx. The turn one is just a 6an adapter so I made my own PS line using aeroquip fittings and PS hose.

Haven't done a build thread...I never take enough pics to post up a build thread.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

Once again thanks for the info. Already reached of out Turn One. I will be following in your footsteps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.3 with CTS-V Accessory Drive?