Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Shout out to 07CTSV

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shout out to 07CTSV

Just a quick post to say I SWITCHED and I support you Brian. You were treated dirty......enough said! love the shifter and all you have done for the V1 community!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

I'm here as well, will be interesting to see what happens with this thread. I've spent a lot of time lurking over here, but never had a reason to sign up.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Teching In

been on both sites, dont comment much but have learned a lot from others. Brian knows his stuff from what I see and was treated dirty, hope to get as much info here now and still hear from some of the others that have owned a V longer than me
Old 03-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Launching!

I've always preferred Tech to CF.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Forcfed93
I've always preferred Tech to CF.
As have I, I just signed up over there because it seemed more active than the Cadillac section here. Although the engine specific knowledge base over here is much more vast than CF.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

I'm not on CF. What went down?
Old 03-30-2014, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlock.Condor
I'm not on CF. What went down?

LS1Tech admins deleted the copy of the CF topic I posted here, because they didn't want to incite an inter-forum war.

Last edited by itsslow98; 04-01-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

FuZzy did you get banned also? All your post in pig in slop have been replaced that you violated thier gay rules
Old 03-30-2014, 06:19 PM
FoD
On The Tree

I'd imagine Ryan got the boot too...can't question "The Man" and face no consequences!!! This is all BS. I'm done over there too.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

That's a shame. Our community is small as it is and frankly we don't get much attention from the aftermarket either. It's only gonna hurt us even more
Old 03-30-2014, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by serik21
FuZzy did you get banned also? All your post in pig in slop have been replaced that you violated thier gay rules
Not all of them have been deleted, and he appears to have done it himself.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Not all of them have been deleted, and he appears to have done it himself.
Correct.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Id rather be on this forum instead. Seems like it's more lax over here compared to CF.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Fuzzy definitely needs to cross post his information from the pig in slop thread on here...
Old 03-30-2014, 09:03 PM

Joined as well from CF. Its been very quiet there recently :-)
Old 03-30-2014, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The exodus of a handful of members is just a speed bump in the long life of a forum. The forum will move on and the lost members will be replaced. However, with a section that loses it traffic the two main vendors RS and CS may decide to leave also.
With that I found CF hard to navigate and not user friendly.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

The V1 is a dead platform if barriers stand in the way. Very few would mod a $60k brand new car still on warranty. The V1 is long in the tooth and ripe for mods. There are distributors that support the V1 but a lot of it comes from DIYer's.

I think the difference with this exodus is that the V1 community is ready to step it up a notch. The car is falling into the hands of more enthusiasts, engineers, and experienced technicians that have a passion for the platform.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This website is the alternative to Sally's nut swinging moderhator club.

It's nice to enjoy talking about your car and helping others without some pretentious, power tripping jerkoff stepping in to tell you how to conduct yourself.

F+cking disciples defend that forum like they are in a religious cult.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by philistine
The V1 is a dead platform if barriers stand in the way. Very few would mod a $60k brand new car still on warranty. The V1 is long in the tooth and ripe for mods. There are distributors that support the V1 but a lot of it comes from DIYer's.

I think the difference with this exodus is that the V1 community is ready to step it up a notch. The car is falling into the hands of more enthusiasts, engineers, and experienced technicians that have a passion for the platform.
Word dude... It fell into my hands almost 2 years ago... Finally paid off the wedding and the honeymoon... Just got back from a week in the Dominican Republic. I'm saving money right meow.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:28 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks guys. I spent six years over there building up a reputation of helping out everyone who asked and generally being a standup person who kept his word. I will say this about the events that led up to now.

First, I did deserve a warning for my initial violation which was a misspelling of RevshiFt on one out of two spellings in the same post. It was a legit spelling mistake on my iPhone. I noticed it while I was proof reading it after it posted. The bad thing I did was I then went back and changed the first spelling and deleted the F in it also. One mod was kind enough to correct it and tell me he did it. Another mod gave me a warning PM to which I sent a reply PM apologizing. Two hours later a third mod banned me for a week, I hadn't even looked at the forum in these two hours.

Second error in my judgement was a day or two later I created a second account where where I spelled the user name as PISNUOFF spelled backwards as FFUONSIP. Obviously I wasn't trying to hide it very well and knew it would be found out. Those that know me personally know it was just for fun and I wasn't out for vengeance or revenge, that truly is not the type of person I am. I deserved to be banned temporarily for this as it is a clear violation of the forum rules.

Third, a bunch of members started getting on the mods for their (not all of them) Gustapo style. It got out if hand many times on many threads. Well, a mod or two determined that all these other members must have all been my aliases that I created over the years to promote my products.

Fourth, a moderator has it in his head that I am some super hacker and I log into the forum using a proxy server and I have been attacking the forum from 1000's of IP addresses. What?!?!? I use my cell phone mainly to access the forums and I have literally no clue how IP addresses are determined on cell phones.

Fifth, I had been a paying 'supporting member' since I joined and a paying vendor for the past four years. The vendor fees were $50 for three months. The last time my vendor status expired I tried to renew it in the usual manner and the process to renew it wasn't there. I contacted a moderator to get help and was given an email address. I email it asking how to renew over the next 5 months with no responses. I then asked the mods for help again and was finally contacted by a corporate advertising executive who explained that they own a multitude of websites that have millions of hits every day to which I would be allowed to advertise. The cost is $350 a MONTH! I explained that I offered one product to one specific vehicle and did not want to advertise on any site, not even the one I sold my shifters on. I just wanted to give them some money and leave two threads up in one subsection. The executive wasn't willing to accommodate that so I didn't pay the $350 a month. I simply cannot afford that to simply modify shifters in a niche market. I spoke with a moderator and he agreed they could leave the shifter threads up because it wasn't interfering with sales from current vendors as they did not offer similar products. Ultimately, I offered to pay $100 a month to be a vendor. This offer was rejected.

All this added up to the Gustapo banning me for life, then completely deleting my account from record on that site and now they've blocked some/all of the IP addresses that my phone used so I cannot even view the site. Also, I would like to make note that not all the moderators are bad. There are many that aren't and I do appreciate the volunteer work they do.

Brian

Last edited by 07CTS-V; 03-31-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Shout out to 07CTSV