Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with the PCS TCM-2000

Old 04-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with the PCS TCM-2000

Hey guys, I just bought a 2000 FRC that was converted to auto by the previous owner. It has the TCM-2000 unit on it, and with normal driving it has no issues with running up through the gears. The problems are with downshifting, at pretty much any speed. I can manually downshift it with the shifter, but on its own it has problems.

From 40mph area it will only downshift one gear. When on the highway at 55-60mph it will not downshift at all, just stays in top gear and accelerates. I have pulled the calibration off of the unit and can email to anyone that may be willing to look at it. I have taken a look at the calibration but have no experience in tuning a transmission, so I'm pretty much at a loss.

I also do not know of anyone in the DFW, TX area that has experience with tuning this unit. If any of you might know of someone in this area that does please let me know.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2014, 09:15 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I know that controller very well...
send me a file from it... I'll pm you

also, what transmission is it? 4l60? 4l80?
I also need to know what tire is on the car and what your max RPM is on your engine.

I'm in Lafayette Louisiana if you wanted to bring it to me....though it is a bit of a haul from DFW to here..LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help with the PCS TCM-2000