General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

wierd headlight problem PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wierd headlight problem PLEASE HELP!!!

hey guys, so my headlight wasnt going up, had it fixed by a mechanic, worked fine for a couple of days, then didnt go up again. he told me it was this plastic stop that didnt let the headlight go up. but when i searched i found that the "stop" problem only causes the headlight to sit higher than the other, nothing mentioned about it not going up....so could the stop be the problem??
its up for sale and i really want to sell a perfect car., i do have some pics that i'll upload once i get the chance. thank you soooo much in advance!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

This is common. I assume the mechanic changed the door motor assembly? If so, the first thing to check for is a wiring problem with the motor. (Several of us have had wiring issues with them from the factory.) The second thing is to check for corrosion in the motor assembly connector.

BTW - You can put a piece of rubber hose around the stop to take the place of the stock plastic pieces and it works like a charm!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:46 PM

thanks for the fast reply.
he didnt change anything, it was a wiring problem and he fixed it, but i think he broke one of the stops, now...how would i go about putting a piece of rubber?
thanks.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Save the manuals!

Can you post a picture of your stop? Was this a mechanic-running-a-business mechanic or a "friend" mechanic?

It's hard to tell what is going on if we don't know exactly what they did. Have you considered taking it back to them?
Old 04-10-2014, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by wssix99
Can you post a picture of your stop? Was this a mechanic-running-a-business mechanic or a "friend" mechanic?

It's hard to tell what is going on if we don't know exactly what they did. Have you considered taking it back to them?
nevermind. the car was wrecked today. cant stop thinking about it. i just wanna cry right now but thanks for the reply brother.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:07 AM
Save the manuals!

absolutely brutal. sorry to hear that.

Quick Reply: wierd headlight problem PLEASE HELP!!!