Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Ethanol free gasoline

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ethanol free gasoline

My car is tuned on East Coast 93 octane that I am planning on moving to Cali which obviously doesn't have 93 octane, but I do have access to ethanol free 93 octane.

What difference does that make performance wise? All fuel now comes with a blend of 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline which affects your mpg versus a non ethanol blend, but I would figure you also lose cooling efficiencies with an ethanol free fuel because of the cooling properties of alcohol. Any thoughts on this?
Old 04-15-2014, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AngelsTransport
My car is tuned on East Coast 93 octane that I am planning on moving to Cali which obviously doesn't have 93 octane, but I do have access to ethanol free 93 octane.

What difference does that make performance wise? All fuel now comes with a blend of 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline which affects your mpg versus a non ethanol blend, but I would figure you also lose cooling efficiencies with an ethanol free fuel because of the cooling properties of alcohol. Any thoughts on this?
You totally contradict yourself there. You either have access to 93 or you don't. Ethanol free 93 is better than 93 with ethanol. I only buy my 93 from the gas station that says their 93 is ethanol free.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
You totally contradict yourself there. You either have access to 93 or you don't. Ethanol free 93 is better than 93 with ethanol. I only buy my 93 from the gas station that says their 93 is ethanol free.
Meaning you can't buy 93 octane at any pump in California, BUT there is a local fuel supplier that sells ethanol free 93 octane in drums.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't see a problem then if you have the means to buy 93 where you're moving to. Like I said, ethanol free is better than ethanol blend.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Just get a drum and fill it so you can filled it in your own garage.

Quick Reply: Ethanol free gasoline