Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Paint is JACKED UP!!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paint is JACKED UP!!!! HELP!!!

Hey everyone, first of all, my cars paint is not in the greatest shape as it is, but I have no clue what is going on with my passenger side front fender. Last year I found 3 droplets of something that got onto the fender, and they are basically imprinted onto the fender. I can not get them out. Then the same fender towards the top where the fender meets the hood, has been starting to fade out (or so I thought) because the car sits outside, and I do not have a garage to keep it in, so I thought the sun beating on it was the culprit. Well today a friend of mine told me to try some Turtle Wax, Scratch remover, to see if it gets out the spots..So I used a applicator bad and got it somewhat damp, put the solution on it and proceeded to buff it out by hand....Well, no luck...but now when I went to wipe off the scratch remover, my fender looks even worse, almost like the product seeped into my fender or something. I dont even know how to explain it (i am completely body and paint illiterate) So I attached some photos, but I had a gut feeling the fender will need replacing, anyone have any advice, info, or anything to help me out.

Thank you in advance!!!
JacobK

Old 04-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First I would clay bar the area and then apply some meguiars ultimate compound. That stuff works wonders. Just put some on an applicator pad and rub it in using some force until its almost gone. Then buff out and throw some wax on it. You should ultimate compound your whole car. It really does bring back the life of the paint.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Launching!

I think the claybar will probably work from just looking at the pics, I'm not a detailing genius but a claybar works wonders.. Thoroughly clean the car and work on the area in the shade! you wont want to be applying the detailing products in the hot sun it will be worse for you since it's a black car
you should check out this thread and even post the pics in it
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-detailer.html
Old 04-22-2014, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

tree sap? bird droppings? brake fluid? once that eats through the clear is like wiping jelly off (the paint). no cure but refinishing the fender. good luck, better opinion from a detailer the (BAN ONE) said.

Quick Reply: Paint is JACKED UP!!!! HELP!!!