Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mad Dog Transmisson

Old 04-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mad Dog Transmisson

I was doin my daily scroll on LS1 Tech and i saw a ad for Mad Dog Transmission. I wanted to know if there Trannys where any good? Has anybody used them before ? What did you think ?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Really...........?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go get one of his 4l60e's that's rated for a 1000hp. Put a 1000 hp through it and come back and give us a "review"
Old 04-19-2014, 05:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search and you can see reviews.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Agreed with above.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Theres Way better choices Bro!!! FLT, Performabuilt, Probuilt & Jakes are the best out there... Mad Dog has Less than stellar results on this site!!! Hope this helps & the Guys are right on usin the search feature
Old 04-28-2014, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah do a search, they are paying the big bucks for a top spot on the sponsor list now days. We can't get into it to much but Google it and decide for yourself.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Go with tried and true, Jake's Performance.

A search will reveal what these gentlemen are talking about.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Banned

Default Maddog transmissions

Hello Izaguirre z28, hopefully, you'll decide to go with us. Yes we did have some issues years ago and we are on our game now. We back up our work 100%. We are also moving to a bigger facility and will be posting pictures and videos soon. I will cut you a great deal and all I ask in return is to post on LS1 tech and let them know how our products and customer service is!! Be sure to check out our Facebook customers and see what they have to say!

You can call us and talk to a live person. Up until 10 PM Eastern standard time , Monday through Sunday.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969 maddoglou454@aol.com

Web: www.maddogtransmissions.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions
Twitter: www.twitter.com/maddoglou
YouTube: www.youtube.com/maddogtransmissions

Last edited by maddoglou454; 04-30-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 PM

givem a try. it might be better then you think!@
Old 05-02-2014, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

I ran three of his transmission several years back. First one lasted a few minutes due to their converter second a little longer. I will say they shipped me two new units within days no questions asked before i sent tbe other back. They always were excellent on communication. The last one I beat the snot out and it never gave up. For the price I would use again.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If it were me I would choose jake being a builder myself...Jake was in my shop a few weeks ago fixing a unit and the man knows his stuff and is a great guy to deal with
Old 05-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Banned

Thanks for the good word tempoffroad. We do try our best. Everyone has experiences once in a while that are not all positive. It's how you correct the issue and move on from there that wins in the end. Like we stated earlier we did have some issues a while back but we are on to bigger and better things now.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lou, i hope what you say is true that things are different i know back in the day i had to fix 2 of your units and it wasnt pretty. If you have things together now then your work will show for itself it takes a while to change a bad rep we all have issues from time to time. For now if it were me i would sit back and let my work speak for itself.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Let me help OP out.

Click here for trouble free transmissions
Old 05-05-2014, 06:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi-Po

I very much appreciate the positive press but even we get a problem child sometimes.

I went to Florida a couple of weeks ago to check out one we had doing some REALLY weird stuff. Got it fixed but it was a lesson.

Automatic transmissions will humble you at times. No matter how good of a builder you are, how good the parts are, they can be a PITA.

Fortunately our dyno catches most issues before they leave but every now and then one will do something that won't show on the dyno.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Teching In

What an understatement Jake. I have been in the automatic transmission rebuilding industry since the mid 70's. There will always be a unit that takes a toll on your sanity.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Banned

Predator T/A

You are absolutely right, you're work speaks for itself. Unfortunately you have more people willing to tell others when they have a bad experience rather than when they have a good experience. All we can do is keep selling good transmissions and look ahead to June 1 when we move into our larger shop. We also plan to add some other general mechanic work to our services.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
Hello Izaguirre z28, hopefully, you'll decide to go with us. Yes we did have some issues years ago and we are on our game now. We back up our work 100%. We are also moving to a bigger facility and will be posting pictures and videos soon. I will cut you a great deal and all I ask in return is to post on LS1 tech and let them know how our products and customer service is!! Be sure to check out our Facebook customers and see what they have to say!

You can call us and talk to a live person. Up until 10 PM Eastern standard time , Monday through Sunday.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949

Hey Lou, is this offer is available to me as well? Ive almost pulled the trigger twice on your website, but after reading some of the past comments on here and other forums I backed away.I want to believe in what you say. I watched all of your videos when I started looking for a new 4l60e, and was impressed with you and the parts that you have listed in your builds.But like I said there is alot of negative posts out there. I have a stock 95 z28-daily driver manufacture date 03/95. Do you have this transmission, I know its a one year tranny, but Ive heard it depends when it was manufactured because of two different valve bodies used that year. Is this correct? Do you use re-manufactured valve bodies or used ones? If I do buy from you, rest assured I will keep everybody informed of my experience- month to month, good and bad. Transmission shopping is driving me nuts ,I just want to get my baby back on the road. Thanks lou
Old 05-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Banned

Smile Maddog transmissions

Hello LS1 tech members, This offer stands to all of you. I want youer business. We rebuild the factory valve bodys with a superior reprogramming kit and sonnax updates. I also appreciate the kind words from some of the other transmission shops. Thank you!!
I also know this, you can run but you can't hide. Not here to take anybody for a ride. Just trying to make a good honest living.

Please contact us for a professional consultation regarding your needs. We are happy to provide you with references both here in the United States and Internationally. Be sure to check out our website at maddogtransmissions.com

Hear what our customers and fans say on our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions

We also accept orders over the phone. Be sure to contact us and we will recommend the correct transmission for your application. For your convenience, we accept PayPal and all major credit and debit cards.

If you prefer, we can call you personally, just e-mail us your phone number.

All our transmissions are very strong and reliable, and can be used for everyday driving. Extended warranties are also available.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mad Dog Transmisson