Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intake manifold heat sheild. does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default intake manifold heat sheild. does it work?

as I was browsing the internet I came across this.

heat shield under the base of the intake. they claimed 12 hp with this. now i know its not really a "gain" but does this really help in keeping things cooler? intake is still in contact with the heads. if it does work a tb bypass would compliment this. any ideas on this?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

That claim is pure BS. Composite intakes don't heat up, and you can verify this but literally touching it when the car is or has been running for a while. It's cool to the touch, so whatever that shield will do is pointless. Don't waste your money, and certainly don't go chasing those "12" ponies they claim.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redtan
That claim is pure BS. Composite intakes don't heat up, and you can verify this but literally touching it when the car is or has been running for a while. It's cool to the touch, so whatever that shield will do is pointless. Don't waste your money, and certainly don't go chasing those "12" ponies they claim.
oh hell no lol i would never spend cash on stuff like that.
exactly my thought. those are cool to touch and they still have a gap underneath. i just thought id ask. thanks

Quick Reply: intake manifold heat sheild. does it work?