Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 and 00 trannys?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 and 00 trannys?

Are the 98 and 00 model 4l60E transmissions the same because I put my friends yanks torque converter that came out of his '00 in my transmission because I had to drop in a new motor and everything started until i put it in drive and it was just like it was in neutral so im figurin the shafts on the tranny arent the same but im not sure. Sorry i didnt post this in automatic transmissions cause theres not much response in that forum. And is there a way i can pull the tranny out without havin to pull the intake off to get to that top bellhousing bolt?
Old 05-16-2004, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Can someone please help. I put my stock converter back in and its the same thing, I put it in gear and its like its just in neutral again and I hooked everything back up right. Only thing is we had the rear jacked up high and I put it in gear and revved it up alot of times and the wheels would rotate for like 10 seconds and stop...anybody have a clue whats wrong?
Old 05-16-2004, 09:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like you didnt get the torque converter all the way on and messed up the front pump.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

No we put the torque converter all the way on and it still wont work...anybody have an idea whats wrong?
Old 05-18-2004, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Well we took out the line from the tranny to the cooler and turned on the car to see if it would spew out and it didnt so i figure the pump is bad, but we put in another 3 quarts of tranny fluid in it and i put it in reverse and it worked so i put it in drive it didnt work and then back in reverse then that didnt work....can someone help??????????????