Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Is anyone running a Diablosport Trinity tuner on their V?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone running a Diablosport Trinity tuner on their V?

I'm looking to get one for my Magnum SRT8 but as long as I have it I was thinking about tuning the V to see how it reacts.

My V has Stainless Works long tubes mated to a Magnaflow Catback and a Volant CAI. I haven't touched the motor or tune otherwise.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

I tried it about a year ago, had to tell it my car was a c6 vette otherwise was kinda fun to play with although i have no idea how to tune so
Old 04-23-2014, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

I'm not planning on screwing with the tune at all. I would just upload a performance tune and then use it to monitor settings and clear codes. The primary use will be on the Magnum SRT8.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

Unless I'm mistaken, you can't use the same unit on multiple vehicles. It's married to a specific vehicle once the tune has been uploaded.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eagle-co94
I'm looking to get one for my Magnum SRT8 but as long as I have it I was thinking about tuning the V to see how it reacts.

My V has Stainless Works long tubes mated to a Magnaflow Catback and a Volant CAI. I haven't touched the motor or tune otherwise.
Have you looked into SCT products? They have the capabilities to tune a ton of vehicles.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Forcefed, you are correct, you can only tune one car at a time. I am just curious as I was looking at the Trinity for my Magnum SRT8 but could play with the V before I part ways with it at the end of the year (when I estimate to have my wife's Challenger SRT8 rebuilt and registered).

I just looked up SCT and from what I read you have to pay for the tune for each car separately. From what I understand of the Trinity the tunes are pre-loaded and I can detune my Magnum SRT8 back to stock and tune the V to take to the track, etc. When I'm done I detune the car and retune the Magnum. I wouldn't go back and forth much, but once or twice maybe. The option of doing that for no additional cost is enticing.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by eagle-co94
Forcefed, you are correct, you can only tune one car at a time. I am just curious as I was looking at the Trinity for my Magnum SRT8 but could play with the V before I part ways with it at the end of the year (when I estimate to have my wife's Challenger SRT8 rebuilt and registered).

I just looked up SCT and from what I read you have to pay for the tune for each car separately. From what I understand of the Trinity the tunes are pre-loaded and I can detune my Magnum SRT8 back to stock and tune the V to take to the track, etc. When I'm done I detune the car and retune the Magnum. I wouldn't go back and forth much, but once or twice maybe. The option of doing that for no additional cost is enticing.
The diablo is the only way to go with on the SRT8 cars. I have one on mine. Plus most custom tunes are only done through diablo sport tuners for hemi cars. Like hemi fever tuning. I have the trinity and it will do any GM,Ford, or Dodge car. One at a time though.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

ThanksOneSlowV. That's exactly the information I was looking for.

Quick Reply: Is anyone running a Diablosport Trinity tuner on their V?