Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Vette Filter on return to returnless system

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vette Filter on return to returnless system

Im going to be installing LQ4 with LS3 heads and L92 intake with fuel rail which is return less. I picked up a Vette filter that has regulator built in to make this a return less systems.

Im getting stumped on a few questions in my searching before posting.

1. Can I plug the Vette filter into the feed/return line I have already in engine bay and then run the outlet right to L92 fuel rail?

2.Will the Vette filer plug right into the GM quick connections on the lines already and would there be room for the filter?

3. Is it a bad idea to have the fuel filter sitting right by the fuel rail from danger of heat situation?

Other parts I have.

Fuel rails off 2001 5.3 and a 6.0 that have the fittings for the return line. This is going into a 2001 Silverado.

Update: Found this pic of what Im talking about

Last edited by NuckenFuts; 04-21-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:09 AM
10 Second Club

my suggestion, since you are going to mount the filter/regulator at the rail to begin with you would be better served mounting a separate regulator- one that you can adjust the fuel pressure with. The problem with the built in filter/regulator is that the pressure is set to have 12' of line in front of it. If you mount it at the rail your fuel pressure will be quite high. I have seen fuel pressure in the 65+ range with short fuel lines.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:44 AM
Launching!

I tested my pressure the other day on my return system and i have 55 with key on, 50 at idle and 60 at WOT.

I already have the vette filter and dont think I can return it so going after market will cost more. Is there any problem with more pressure for 50# injectors? Will they just flow more fuel?
Old 04-24-2014, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

They will flow more fuel. 58psi is what you should be targeting, so 60 at WOT isn't bad at all. With being able to maintain 60 at the rail there would be no real need currently to go with an aftermarket regulator.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Launching!

I installed the filter right on the rail and worked perfect, no leaks or anything. I did have to bend the rail inlet tube up a little bit to allow the filter to fit between the rail. Stock lines plugged right into it. I will updatre this post if any problems come up from it.

Quick Reply: Vette Filter on return to returnless system