Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Huge Thank You To Revshift

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge Thank You To Revshift

My personal experience with Revshift has been nothing short of great. The quality, packaging and especially the SHIPPING are exactly what I would have expected from a quality company. I ordered everything on 4/7/2014 and I received an email stating that my order/payment have been received that night. Afterwards, I later received another email a day or two later stating that they are manufacturing a few of the pieces and they would be mailed out as soon as everything was completed. I was set to receive the bushing kit on 4/18/2014, however, there was an issue with the post office and it did not arrive until 4/21/2014, that should have been a 12 day turn around! Revshift used proper communication and shipped everything as fast as they could, thanks again guys!

Nick
Old 04-22-2014, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep, I have received nothing but great service from them....
Old 04-23-2014, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess they learned from pissing everyone off earlier who ordered their stuff but didn't get it for a while. I remember those threads of countless people hating on their service.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Teching In

That's kind of my bare minimum of expectation.

I place the order, they ship the order, I receive the order.

2 weeks to receive (for whatever reason) isn't what I would consider fast either.

Not really understanding the Kudos for a basic transaction.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

He is saying some of the other vendors on here probably would not have taken the time to communicate with him about what was going on but Revshift did.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Banned

Thank you for the positive post, Nick!

A lot of people don't realize that we are a very small shop in Metro Detroit. We make everything by hand, in-house, from scratch. We don't have a warehouse and we don't outsource anything. We try our best to get all of the orders out as fast as possible. We have become much quicker than we were in the past. Check out our instagram to see more about us.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 54inches
Yep, I have received nothing but great service from them....
Same here.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

I am glad that RevShift has mentioned this again for the 1000th time.

Some people can be so set on instant gratification, it is down right obnoxious.

Many of these vendors are no more than 2 people trying to help our community.

They are NOT big companies with extensive buying power and shelves and shelves of backstock.

They are regular guys and gals with REAL jobs and do this on the side.

But NOOOOOOOO; no good deed goes unpunished. roflmao!!!!!!

Keep up the good work to all those vendors on here and in the V community that are trying to help out.......
Old 04-24-2014, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

^

Old 04-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Teching In

It’s funny how a forum dialogue can go down different paths and get twisted. My prior comment was merely to point out that what the OP described was just a basic business transaction. What’s the big deal? What was truly exceptional about it?

I can think of a couple vendors that have called me about order status. TDP, SNL, Sweetwater (non-automotive) all come to mind from recent transactions. To me those didn’t seem post worthy though because that’s what modern businesses do in this modern communication world to make the customer happy and set themselves apart from competitors.

Some people can be so set on instant gratification, it is down right obnoxious.
So pointing out nothing special happened means I’m set on instant gratification and an obnoxious person? How can you glean that from my comment? Who’s really blowing things out of proportion here?

Many of these vendors are no more than 2 people trying to help our community.
And let's not forget make a profit as well.

But NOOOOOOOO; no good deed goes unpunished. roflmao!!!!!!
Really? Was my comment that negative it could be interpreted as punishing or hating on Revshift? It’s not hate, its facts about common business practice and people over exalting something basic.

That’s great Revshift is a small company helping our community and living the American dream. But they’re not even close to being the only ones out there. Half the items I’ve sourced for the V are from similar vendors. Eventually I’ll use some of Revshift’s products in the future, and would have done so already if I hadn’t replaced the major bushings/mounts a long time ago from other vendors that got to our platform first. But when I do finally order from Revshift I won’t be creating a HUGE THANKS thread because they sent me what I ordered in a box that was packaged appropriately.

I mean jeez guys…I point out some common sense and now I’m the a-hole that hates on small business.

And the OP didn’t’ even post a picture of the pretty new parts…who’s the jerk now?
Old 04-24-2014, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bird, people get all butthurt when they perceive you are talking **** about their favorite company. This the way of things. I totally understand your first reply. 2 weeks actually seems like an extended eta to me. When I order parts I expect them in like 4-5 days unless its prior knowledge that it will take 'x' amount of time, or it has to be shipped ground.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
^

Absolutely! Love their products and I have seen on several occasions people jump on their *** for nothing.

I personally have received crappy and apathetic service from one of their competitors.

They are just like us and I will continue to support them.

I will not apologize for that.

Originally Posted by Birdmantamu
It’s funny how a forum dialogue can go down different paths and get twisted. My prior comment was merely to point out that what the OP described was just a basic business transaction. What’s the big deal? What was truly exceptional about it?

That's what is wrong with this world; we epect more and more and more. Is that wrong; I don't know. Was your omment necessary; no. My omment would not have been posted if it was not for yours.

I can think of a couple vendors that have called me about order status. TDP, SNL, Sweetwater (non-automotive) all come to mind from recent transactions. To me those didn’t seem post worthy though because that’s what modern businesses do in this modern communication world to make the customer happy and set themselves apart from competitors.

I am only referring to V1 vendors.

So pointing out nothing special happened means I’m set on instant gratification and an obnoxious person? How can you glean that from my comment? Who’s really blowing things out of proportion here?

My comments were not directed solely at you, so I gleaned from many peeps comments; not just yours.

And let's not forget make a profit as well.

Very small profit; and what is wrong with that. Both of us are trying to help our community. There are others that are making MUCH larger margins.

Really? Was my comment that negative it could be interpreted as punishing or hating on Revshift? It’s not hate, its facts about common business practice and people over exalting something basic.

Never said anything about hate. These are your opinions.

That’s great Revshift is a small company helping our community and living the American dream. But they’re not even close to being the only ones out there. Half the items I’ve sourced for the V are from similar vendors. Eventually I’ll use some of Revshift’s products in the future, and would have done so already if I hadn’t replaced the major bushings/mounts a long time ago from other vendors that got to our platform first. But when I do finally order from Revshift I won’t be creating a HUGE THANKS thread because they sent me what I ordered in a box that was packaged appropriately.

RevShift has very few competitors and in some cases NO competitors except OEM. That's fine, being ungrateful seems to be your MO.

I mean jeez guys…I point out some common sense and now I’m the a-hole that hates on small business.

Nope, just ungrateful; if you are an a55hole then that is by your own admission. Again, you were the first that brought up being a hater.

And the OP didn’t’ even post a picture of the pretty new parts…who’s the jerk now? Good try!
Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
Bird, people get all butthurt when they perceive you are talking **** about their favorite company. This the way of things. I totally understand your first reply. 2 weeks actually seems like an extended eta to me. When I order parts I expect them in like 4-5 days unless its prior knowledge that it will take 'x' amount of time, or it has to be shipped ground.
Not butthurt at all. ?This the way of things? Actually, Left Hand Brewery is my favorite company. You obvious don't understand how long it takes to make products for our community.

But that is ok, I did not understand either until I started trying to make them myself.

It's tough, we make mistakes and we try to learn from them and make better products.

We are constantly inundated with those that try to derail our efforts, but we know we are doing our best to provide the best products for the V1 and soon to be V2 community.

Thank you all for the support and Thanks to all the vendors Big and small that help our community!!!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My expectations from any vendor for anything I buy from car parts to adult toys and bondage gear.
1. Have an accurate status on the web site.
2. Ship within 48 hrs or less (See rule #1)
3. Provide accurate shipping rates and offer USPS if you add handling to the order then tell me.
4. Notify me within 24 hrs if a product that was listed "in-stock" is actually not and give me the choice to canx or give me an ACCURATE wait time.

Is that reasonable ? Am I asking too much of online vendors ?
Old 04-25-2014, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmargo
Apparently we are asking too much. Though, bondage gear takes extra time if you get the hand made stuff lolz
Old 04-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Dude, 54, it’s as if we’re speaking two different languages here so let’s recap to make sure we’re all on the same page:

OP posts a thread on HUGE THANKS to Revshift for a basic transaction that took an unexceptional amount of time to receive (although it did come in a box and was packaged…WOW…earth shattering stuff there).

I simply pointed out what’s the big deal with that?

Then you go on some random diatribe and I have no idea how you can imply instant gratification, obnoxiousness, and ungraciousness from a person pointing out what I did. So yeah, when someone calls me those things out of nowhere I respond defensively.

My comments were not directed solely at you, so I gleaned from many peeps comments; not just yours.
I could only assume they were directed at me since I was the only person literally not hanging on Revshift’s sack (and I just didn’t understand why). So feel free to point out any other “peeps” comments you gleaned from besides mine on this thread that initiated your accusation filled response.

I am only referring to V1 vendors.
Uhhh…SNL Performance and TDP (Texas Drivetrain Performance) ARE V1 vendors. And I believe Revshift supports more than just our platform. So what is your counter point here? Is it that I mentioned Sweetwater as a non-automotive reference?

These are your opinions.
Yep, it’s a forum and this is a dialogue. These are ALL opinions and nothing more Captain Obvious.

Nope, just ungrateful; if you are an a55hole then that is by your own admission. Again, you were the first that brought up being a hater.
Holy Sweet Jeebus I specifically said I wasn’t hating on Revshift and would probably buy some of their products in the future. How does literally using the word first equate to me being an actual hater? That is some pretty juvenile logic there. Much like how me sarcastically mentioning I’m an a-hole for asking a reality check question means I now am one by my own admission. Again, pretty juvenile so I’m expecting the “I’m rubber, you’re glue” tactic next…

I seriously challenge you to find one bad thing I’ve ever said about Redshift. Please find just one.

You guys want to hear another small business win story? There’s this local liquor store that just opened up on the corner run by a husband and wife. They can’t even afford day care so their kids are behind the counter with them after school. I went in the other day, and not only did they have the beer I wanted, they were actually willing to sell it to me. Then (check this out) when I went to pay for the beer they gave me a FREE BAG to carry it out in. Then (it gets better) I actually had the option to choose between PAPER or PLASTIC for the bag. Can you believe it? A free bag and the material choice…now THAT’S customer service and I will support them till the end of time. They even gave me a receipt too. So make sure you remember to say thanks for every little thing or else you’re an obnoxious, ungrateful ***** set on the instant gratification downward spiral this world is imminently headed towards.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jmargo
My expectations from any vendor for anything I buy from car parts to adult toys and bondage gear.
1. Have an accurate status on the web site.
2. Ship within 48 hrs or less (See rule #1)
3. Provide accurate shipping rates and offer USPS if you add handling to the order then tell me.
4. Notify me within 24 hrs if a product that was listed "in-stock" is actually not and give me the choice to canx or give me an ACCURATE wait time.

That is perfectly acceptable. I don't think so.

Originally Posted by Birdmantamu
Dude, 54, it’s as if we’re speaking two different languages here so let’s recap to make sure we’re all on the same page:

OP posts a thread on HUGE THANKS to Revshift for a basic transaction that took an unexceptional amount of time to receive (although it did come in a box and was packaged…WOW…earth shattering stuff there).

I simply pointed out what’s the big deal with that?

Then you go on some random diatribe and I have no idea how you can imply instant gratification, obnoxiousness, and ungraciousness from a person pointing out what I did. So yeah, when someone calls me those things out of nowhere I respond defensively.

I could only assume they were directed at me since I was the only person literally not hanging on Revshift’s sack (and I just didn’t understand why). So feel free to point out any other “peeps” comments you gleaned from besides mine on this thread that initiated your accusation filled response.

Uhhh…SNL Performance and TDP (Texas Drivetrain Performance) ARE V1 vendors. And I believe Revshift supports more than just our platform. So what is your counter point here? Is it that I mentioned Sweetwater as a non-automotive reference?

Yep, it’s a forum and this is a dialogue. These are ALL opinions and nothing more Captain Obvious.

Holy Sweet Jeebus I specifically said I wasn’t hating on Revshift and would probably buy some of their products in the future. How does literally using the word first equate to me being an actual hater? That is some pretty juvenile logic there. Much like how me sarcastically mentioning I’m an a-hole for asking a reality check question means I now am one by my own admission. Again, pretty juvenile so I’m expecting the “I’m rubber, you’re glue” tactic next…

I seriously challenge you to find one bad thing I’ve ever said about Redshift. Please find just one.

You guys want to hear another small business win story? There’s this local liquor store that just opened up on the corner run by a husband and wife. They can’t even afford day care so their kids are behind the counter with them after school. I went in the other day, and not only did they have the beer I wanted, they were actually willing to sell it to me. Then (check this out) when I went to pay for the beer they gave me a FREE BAG to carry it out in. Then (it gets better) I actually had the option to choose between PAPER or PLASTIC for the bag. Can you believe it? A free bag and the material choice…now THAT’S customer service and I will support them till the end of time. They even gave me a receipt too. So make sure you remember to say thanks for every little thing or else you’re an obnoxious, ungrateful ***** set on the instant gratification downward spiral this world is imminently headed towards.
I think we would actually get along fairly well. I appreciate your humor and the fact that you are a total sarcastic *******.

Let's have a beer sometime together.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Fair enough...deal.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Teching In

A basic transaction yes, however, when there are two guys making these parts for other orders including my own, a 12 day turn around time is more than acceptable.

My post was to thank a small business for handling everything exactly how they should, with proper communication and that's that. I never stated that it was "fast", I said as fast as they could, for some that's not acceptable, for someone like myself, that's more than fine.

Birdmantamu, I get what you're saying, I do, however, the way you came off about it wasn't exactly stellar, then again this is the internet and sarcasm and demeanor are impossible to read.

With that being said, if you feel there wasn't much of a point of me posting a thank you thread to be courteous, let me ask you this. What was the point of you responding to a "huge thread" sir?

Pictures will be posted tonight.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Ok, so first off I've been away from the forums for awhile (used to mainly be on CF back in the day) and got back into it not really aware of the CS versus RS pissing matches that have gone on in my absence. I'm aware of that now as I've seen some old threads in some of my recent bushing searches. I think there is some of that company versus company hostility underlying in this thread I stepped into.

So I take a look at Revshift's website and see what appears to be a fully legit company that offers bushings and components for a couple different makes and models. I didn't know it's just 2 dudes slaving away night and day solely for our pleasure making a minimal profit (there's that sarcasm again...)

So I responded with what, from my POV, seemed like reasonable dialogue. I didn't say you said they were fast. And I didn't call them slow or unacceptable either. I don't think my first comment was too negative, but in retrospect see how it could be perceived as a little edgy.

From there it just seemed like attacks about obnoxiousness, ungratefulness, yada yada and I couldn't let that go. I had a lot of free time at work and was ready and looking forward to how far we could push this.

So if I came off as trolling initially I assure you it was unintentional. Let's give this thread a happy ending with some shiny parts pics!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Troll.

Quick Reply: Huge Thank You To Revshift