Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers?

Need a recommendation make\model of headers for a 2001 Camaro SS. Currently having the LS1 engine worked to a 383 Stroker. Car is intended for track runs. What headers...

- will I see major increase going with 1 7/8" over 1 3/4" (common sense says yes, but is it enough HP to spend the $ for the larger?)

Simply... recommendations?
Old 04-25-2014, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 7/8" TSP's are what I run...stainless and a very reasonable price. Also fit nice as well.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:16 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would recommend 1-7/8" headers for your set up whether they are bought from us or not. Our headers are polished 304 stainless steel so you shouldn't have any worries about them rusting through like mild steel headers. If you are on a tight budget we also carry Pacesetter black painted headers and it doesn't get much cheaper than those. Though longevity will be much shorter than a stainless set. Here is a link to our stainless 1-7/8" headers on our site. http://www.texas-speed.com/p-291-tex...e-headers.aspx

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call, I'd be happy to walk you through your choices.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 04-25-2014, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You won't see a "major" increase, but you might as well with the larger ones since the motor is out i'm assuming
Old 04-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sales3@Texas-Speed
I would recommend 1-7/8" headers for your set up whether they are bought from us or not. Our headers are polished 304 stainless steel so you shouldn't have any worries about them rusting through like mild steel headers. If you are on a tight budget we also carry Pacesetter black painted headers and it doesn't get much cheaper than those. Though longevity will be much shorter than a stainless set. Here is a link to our stainless 1-7/8" headers on our site. http://www.texas-speed.com/p-291-tex...e-headers.aspx

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call, I'd be happy to walk you through your choices.

Lonnie
The motor is out and expected back Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Not to take the love out of this, but the money I am investing in this is purely to win at the track and at the shows that it's pretty much already signed up for. I caught a few sponsors and need a couple of more and their names are going on the car in the wrap that is getting put on it.
Back to the subject at hand I did look at these:
Texas Speed & Performance 1-7/8" Long Tube Headers
base price $539.99
item# 25-1784G304

200 to 500 under most of what is out there with all of the perks I am looking for. Mandrel bent, 16 gauge, with a high chance of some decent HP gain.
Just cant tell the finish. I want nothing chrome due to the heat build up. I prefer if they are ceramic coated and can't find anything that states if thay are coated or not.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It says right there in Lonnie's reply that the headers he linked you to and the ones you have are polished 1 7/8 stainless. This means they are not coated but rather just polished stainless steel. They will start to "blue" after a bit due to heat but will never rust like ceramic coating on steel will.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:01 PM
Teching In

I see it now. Honestly overwhelmed with everything going on with this build. I've seen where some people thermal tape headers that aren't ceramic coated. Is this even an issue to be worried about that may build additional heat in the engine compartment that may reduce performance even by a few HP?

Quick Reply: Headers?