Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Goddamn Skunk. Pics inside, tell me whats messed up!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 07:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Goddamn Skunk. Pics inside, tell me whats messed up!

So long story short, i smoked a skunk on Saturday night. I thought everything was fine until the next morning when I looked at the car and found what you see in the pictures. the last one is the difference between the front bumper height and the hood.

What the hell got tweaked? It seems as if the entire bumper cover is tweaked down and to the passengers side. Everything is tight, no parts loose no cracks or rips, no paint missing. the only thing I can figure is that it hit the lip under the bumper cover hard. I actually heard it hit twice, once up front, and once off the driveshaft loop... LMAO

Any ideas what i screwed up?
Attached Thumbnails Goddamn Skunk.  Pics inside, tell me whats messed up!-20140427_182400.jpg   Goddamn Skunk.  Pics inside, tell me whats messed up!-20140427_182618.jpg   Goddamn Skunk.  Pics inside, tell me whats messed up!-20140427_182410.jpg   Goddamn Skunk.  Pics inside, tell me whats messed up!-20140427_182428.jpg  
Old 04-28-2014, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha! oh man. Must have been one hellova skunk! Im no body man just hoping you get your answer. Mine is a little out of alignment here as well on my TA so hoping you get your answer.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

well im not sure about the camaro, but the transam bumper (atleast the 98-02) has a metal bracket on either side of the bumper. this bracker is on the inside of the bumper and sandwhiches the lip of the front bumper between the front fender and its self. from the underside of the car with the spash gaurds off this bracket should be right above the side marker and it extends nearly all the way back to the fender well if memory serves me corectly

on the firebird/TA this bracket curves up and has a mounting tab at the top corner of where the headlights set, the only purpose of that screw is to close the gap between the front fender corners and the frontbumper where the headlights openig is.

looking at your second picture those 2 screws or rivets might be a version of what i described above.

in short the bracket could be bent creating the gap.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Heard back from the Body Shop. Nothing is broke, and none of the brackets are bent. It just appears that everything was tweaked a bit. They said that they got everything lined back up [pretty good, but wanted to keep it an extra day to tweak the lines a small amount around the headlights. Overall, its going to be right around 100 bucks... which is perfectly fine with me. Plus, this is the shop that repaired it when i was backed into about 2 years ago, so my warranty on the work is intact.

Quick Reply: Goddamn Skunk. Pics inside, tell me whats messed up!