Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

SOLD: HP Tuners Pro & Tuning School Books

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD: HP Tuners Pro & Tuning School Books

Category: Accessories
Price: $625
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9, LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Books and Tuner are sold

UPDATE: I originally posted there are 8 credits, but there are only 6. I've gotten lots of requests to sell the books and HP Tuners separately so I've decided to do that. Sale on the books is pending. I'm responding to PM's and posts in the order received to see if anyone's interested in HP Tuners with the corrected credit count and new price.

I'm selling HP Tuners Pro with 6 credits. $560 shipped. Paypal accepted (no additional charge).

I'm also selling the books from the Tuning School's http://www.thetuningschool.com/4021/Beginner's Course for HP Tuners for $110 + shipping, Paypal accepted. Sale Pending

Everything is included with HP Tuners, the interface, cables, the green adaptor for the wide band input, the CD ROM, even the sticker! The CD ROM has version 2.23 on it, but you can download the latest version (2.24) from the website. There are the full 8 credits on this interface which is the same amount you get when you buy new. I'll send the web site password for this interface and the application key so you can login and associate your email and info with the interface and install the latest software from the website.

The books are the original books from The Tuning School's "A Beginner’s Course for Tuning GM Vehicles using HP Tuners Software. This includes the "Tuning the Right Way" book (218 pages), the "MAF and VE Tuning" book (42 pages), and all the laminated worksheets.

It does not include the CD ROM which as described on their website contains "tuning files and videos of certain more complex tables" nor do you get any support from them like when you buy new. The books are a few years old (version 1.3.2 from 2010) and they have made some revisions to them as noted at http://www.thetuningschool.com/suppo...-updates/#4021 but I don't think any of that pertains to LS1 and LS2 tuning.

The Tuning School package sells for $449 new, but I think the real value in it is the one year of tech support you get. The books offer a good description of the tables and give a step by step of the tuning process. They aren't great but are a good starting point and really help a beginner. It's the kind of info you would think HP Tuners would include, but they give you nothing. To me the books themselves aren't worth anything near $449, but like I said I think what they are really selling is the support.

Last edited by mathia; 05-02-2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Correcting number of credits
Old 04-28-2014, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

If you want to separate the books please pm me a price.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:10 AM
11 Second Club

Thats a steal
Old 04-29-2014, 01:49 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent
Old 04-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Teching In

I made a mistake and the HP Tuners Pro actually has 6 credits, not 8. I updated the original post and the price. I've gotten lot's of requests to split it up, so I'm selling the Tuning School books separate from HP Tuners Pro. Sale is pending on the books. I'm working my way through the PMs I've received for just HP Tuners in order received.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

It's your sale and you can run it how you please, however when your first pm or two is to pay full asking for the software and tuning book as a package don't you think you should honor it instead of splitting stuff up?

No offense meant. Just an inquiry.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn. I was thinking about getting it all. Waiting on exhaust shop to let me know what I owe them first. If they sale on the books falls threw please let us know.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking for the whole package also
Old 04-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I was interested in the whole package as well. I Pm'd him days ago and have yet to hear back. Would be a good deal if its all together. If not We need new prices listed.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a book for sale if anyone needs it since his is sold. If you do, PM me.

Hopefully this isn't squatting on his thread and will help sell his cable

Quick Reply: SOLD: HP Tuners Pro & Tuning School Books