Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Junk G-force

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Junk G-force

Hi all. My names Larry and I joined just to let everyone in on some info before they damage their vehicle. I have an 04 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 with 112k. Nice truck, no pics yet. I recently purchased and installed a g-force chip and while towing a trailer from florida to ohio the check engine light came on (product 3 weeks old). I went to a mechanic in NC to diagnose the problem. I cant recall the code number but it was TOO lean on bank ?, sensor? The mechanic said the only possible cause a vacuum leak/ intake leak. My truck checked out fine. He asked about the g-force chip and I told that that it is supposed to lean the air/ fuel mixture by way of changing the resistance. He recommended doing away with it, so its gone. I drove it home afterward without any problem. It was installed properly ( I had to contact their tech support b4 I hooked it up because none of the measurements on my truck matched the instructions). They refuse to refund my $$$. They want me to try another wire combination. The installation looks shoddy done correctly. NOT RECCOMENDED!!! If you like your truck stay away.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I helped a friend install a Superchip on his truck a few months back and I can tell you that when reading through the packaging, and peeling off all the stickers, it specifically said in multiple spots not to tow when in performance mode. In a case where towing was necessary the chip was supposed to be disabled, or with his model switched to tow mode... Just trying to help you solve your problem, sounds like you shouldn't be towing with that model performance chip, it clearly leaned your truck out to much for towing.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:25 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a specific section for manufacturer feedback. Please use it (as well as directions included with anything you install on your vehicle).

Quick Reply: Junk G-force