Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

8.8 sway bar ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 8.8 sway bar ideas

Almost finished with my 8.8 explorer swap(will do a build thread if interested?) but I was wondering what you guys did to keep the rear sway bar from hitting the diff cover? I bought the Moser cover, and its much thicker than the stocker. I was talking with someone and they suggested spacers on the sway mounts..sounds good to me. I was just wondering how much the bar moved under load? Right now I have about 1/4"movement up and down when rotating the bar. All this is being done out of the car, haven't loaded it with the weight of car yet. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by badtransam97
Almost finished with my 8.8 explorer swap(will do a build thread if interested?) but I was wondering what you guys did to keep the rear sway bar from hitting the diff cover? I bought the Moser cover, and its much thicker than the stocker. I was talking with someone and they suggested spacers on the sway mounts..sounds good to me. I was just wondering how much the bar moved under load? Right now I have about 1/4"movement up and down when rotating the bar. All this is being done out of the car, haven't loaded it with the weight of car yet. Thanks!
I built custom brackets that mount the swaybar a little lower than it was on the 10-bolt. Spacers will help but cover clearance will be tight especially if you have a fat bar. You might look at shortening the end links to drop the back of the bar some. Take the rear springs out and jack the diff up & down to check travel.

Quick Reply: 8.8 sway bar ideas