Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Just Purchased 1996 Chevy Camaro F-1

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Purchased 1996 Chevy Camaro F-1

Hello. I just purchased a 1996 Camaro F-1, and have know idea what this car is all about. I called Chevy dealers, classic car dealers, and nobody, can answer me, these questions. Is this a rare car?, and how much is it worth, as I am going to sell it. It has a big rear spoiler, hood scope, automatic w/over trans, ground effects, large chrome wheels, F-1 floor mats, and a special order decal, on the floor console, that says GM special order. It is teal color, and has 120,000, on it. No rust very clean, and has also square chrome exhaust pipes. Everything looks original to the car. The guy I bought it from said the F-1 meant a Police package, and the type of trans. Can you guy's help me out Dave.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The F-1 package was usually just a set of GM Performance Parts dealer installed add-ons. Available as "packages" consisting of parts meant to work together. One package had the SLP twin tube intake, SLP SS "two on the left" cat back exhaust, and hurst short throw shifter... Another package had the GMPP 1LE sway bars and ZR1 wheels. The third package was just an appearance package. Stripes, "F-1" badging, floor mats, and RS body kit and spoiler.

Individual dealerships would also add their own "F-1" options, like an aftermarket hood, different seat covers, custom dash plaques and numbering... Whatever they felt like.

GM liked to market the F-1 as a "specialty vehicle" but in the end, as far as I know, anyone could bring their v6, RS, or Z28 to the dealership to have F-1 parts put on... Or order the parts and install them at home.

Also, F-1 was not the police package. The guy you bought it from is thinking of the B4C Special Equipment option... Commonly known as the Special Service Police Package.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:36 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^what he said. It's not a special edition or anything like that, but it's a pretty neat "parts counter" add-on. Nonetheless, a quick Google search would have pulled up a lot of stuff on it. There are usually several brochures available on eBay as well.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:28 AM

Thank you for the help.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pictures would be cool.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:17 PM

I am getting the Camaro looked at mechanically, and will be putting it up for sale in Portage MI, on Craigslist. I will be posting pic's, when I get it back. Teal color. Do love the ground effects, and has the dark rear lights. Never seen that before. Do you think a price of $7200, would be a fair price. The car is in good condition 120,000 miles, and I have never seen a car like this.

Quick Reply: Just Purchased 1996 Chevy Camaro F-1