Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Considering building a ford 9"

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Considering building a ford 9"

Hey guys, So after getting a price for a bolt in ready moser 9" package at $4,120 bucks unshipped! I have changed directions and considered building my own.

I can get a ford 9" housing for 100 bucks. So all that is left is the 3rd member, mounting stuff for torque arm and everything, as well as axles ect...

My friend owns a shop, and does drag racing. he has a 3rd gen camaro with a 9" rear that he made for it. Runs 8second 1/4 mile btw..... I am thinking on getting his help and accomplishing this task.
Let me know if anyone has successfully done this and how it went.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:13 AM
10 Second Club

subscribed
Old 05-08-2014, 06:59 AM
Launching!

Thanks... there is another guy here local that took a 9" and modified it to his s10. He said its not bad. Worse part for me he mentioned would be mounting the torque arm. But the good news is, He said I can build mounts to where my stock one should work.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:22 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure what all you had loaded up on that Moser 9" quote, but you can get a complete MWC true fabricated 9" rearend package for 2850.00 shipped. Includes a brand new, complete setup Strange nodular center w/ 1350 yoke, complete Strange axles, lightweight and super strong fabricated race style housing, choice of full length or tunnel mounted torque arm and relocation crossmember. The housing even has standard features such as 5 hole relocation style LCA brackets brake line clips, brake hose mounts, e-brake cable brackets, drain plug, and complete hardware package w/ ARP center section studs.

This is a complete package that uses your stock brakes and is the most complete, true bolt-in package you can get. We even offer the package complete assembled and ready to bolt in your car if you need.

Give us a call and we can go over all the details and options for you on any rearend, whether it be from us, Strange, or Moser. We offer the guaranteed lowest prices and will beat any other offer for similar parts!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Launching!

I had them add everything I need. that included a torque arm and a driveshaft.. But the email I recieved had 4100 bucks.
thanks I may do that

Quick Reply: Considering building a ford 9"