LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Caprice SS LT1 stationwagon at auction.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caprice SS LT1 stationwagon at auction.

Watched a caprice SS LT1 station wagon sell on auction america yesterday. It looked like better than new condition but sold for only $9k. For that price it would be a great daily driver.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Might make a good daily in Vegas but not in a wet part of the country. The acre of rear glass starts leaking and they rot from the inside out. $9k for a clean b-body seller did well.

Before you argue with me on the daily driver suitability I LOVED the LT1 wagons for a daily driver but after rotting 3 of them out in a few Wisconsin winters I just gave up. The interiors are thick enough that you see no water inside but it is under the carpet and they rot and it is hard to find the leaks. MAYBE if you had all the glass pulled and resealed before you tried driving in a wet climate.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much does a window reseal cost? U would need to price shop.
Paid 1/2 that for my Z28 over 10 yrs and 150k mi ago but not even close to same condition. Pull my rear seats and the hatch back makes a lot of room. Carried a 12' surf board when i used one.

Car had the crossed flags emblems with LT1 inside. Engine bay shined.
Ahead in time of the dodge hemi magnum which u can carry all the kids and groceries during the week then race it on the week end. Cars/wagons condition made it look worth while buy. Just wondering if a rare car/wagon?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Caprice SS LT1 stationwagon at auction.