Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80 and BMR crossmember alignment issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 07:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80 and BMR crossmember alignment issues

I've got an issue. I know there is nothing wrong with the crossmember that I purchased because I had it checked with BMR. The tranny mount holes, or should I say the center hole is not lining up with the crossmember. I would post pictures but I'm doing this with my phone. I need some advice on what to do to line it up. I'm using the UMI solid motor mounts so I know they won't budge much and the transmission is sitting more over to the passenger side. What the heck happened there? I've never had this issue swapping trannies.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

loosen and adjust the kmember would be about your only option if there is no adjustment play in the mounts. a little adjustment at the kmember will be a lot at the tailshaft
Old 05-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
loosen and adjust the kmember would be about your only option if there is no adjustment play in the mounts. a little adjustment at the kmember will be a lot at the tailshaft
This.

I reamed mine out a tad bit, but shouldn't take much. Its very easy to slide the k member.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

should be noted front end alignment will likely be out after so might atleast want to get it checked and aligned
Old 05-14-2014, 10:11 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 00SlvrSS
I've got an issue. I know there is nothing wrong with the crossmember that I purchased because I had it checked with BMR. The tranny mount holes, or should I say the center hole is not lining up with the crossmember. I would post pictures but I'm doing this with my phone. I need some advice on what to do to line it up. I'm using the UMI solid motor mounts so I know they won't budge much and the transmission is sitting more over to the passenger side. What the heck happened there? I've never had this issue swapping trannies.
The first thing I would do is loosen up the motor mount bolts to see if that allows the transmission to move enough to get it mounted to the crossmember.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 09-30-2017, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don’t mean to bump an old thread, but I’m going through hell with this same exact issue. The tail shaft is kicked so far over to the passenger side that the pass. side header is hitting the under body and the trans mount won’t line up to bolt it onto the crossmember...

Quick Reply: 4l80 and BMR crossmember alignment issues