LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust question

Got my motor out and wanted to buy a pair of long tube headers before it goes back In. I want to replace as minimum as possible on factory exhaust. What all would I need to get the long tubes to run with factory exhaust?
Old 05-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure but in the same boat as you. I just ordered a pacesetter y pipe and i believe you shoud be able to hook that to your exhaust going back. Mine is a 97 and has 2 pipes where the cat used to be so I will cut them off and take mine to my buddy the exhaust guy and let him do his magic to connect the dots. Or i may just use a piece of a spare exhaust I have off a 93 car and weld it myself. then you will need to do something with your o2 sensors which i was hoping to find an sensor i just could get that was long enough so i didnt have to get extensions. Asked that question on here last friday and didnt get one reply on it. I'll probably just get extensions. Drivers side may need to get the 24 inch. Passenger side may be long enough but may get a 12 inch extension to be safe since I wont want to wait for the mailman if i do happen to need it.

Quick Reply: exhaust question