Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 102 Fitiment Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fast 102 Fitiment Questions

Good evening guys I just put on my Fast 102 and ran across a couple of issues that I need some help with.

1. Front steam tubes. I may be wrong but the only reason that I see that they are on them is so that on the factory TB you can coolant through the TB. Is that their main purpose? If so could one not just remove them and install the same style block off plates that are installed on the rear of the head? As my new NW TB does nit have the provisions to run the coolant through the TB. Anyone done this? If so thouhts and suggestions.

2. Intake to waterpump clearence. My intake is hitting the WP. I have ground what I think to be alot alot to know avail. Im concerned that If I grind more I will go through the WP. Is there not another option to make it fit properly. Oh I will be running a MW 102 TB and a 100 MM tsp MAF.

As alwaus thanks in advance for your thoughts abd suggestions.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

I went with the LS2 pump... fits fine. Got it a as a takeoff from an LS2 crate for like $95 from Scoggin Dickey. So that's an option if you want something that works and isn't too expensive (and is newer than what you have).

The steam crossover, I bought the BMR coolant bypass kit and used silicone radiator hose to fashion up something that goes from the steam crossover to the radiator. You definitely want to keep the cross over there, but you need to lightly tap the crossover out of the way of the TB. Once it's out of the way, you can run any kind of hose you can find from the crossover to the radiator and it would work fine.

I'll take a better pic tomorrow. But this shows the coolant hose coming underneath my intake to the radiator. It's coming from the cross-over tube. The BMR kit is handy... it comes with two aluminum barbed fittings that I used in two places to get all my hoses clamped down properly. So yes, it's a bit expensive at $19 but it was worth it for me to fab up a couple of custom lines with my BeCool radiator.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the Fast 102mm intake and 102mm throttle body when installed interfere with the stock ls1 water pump? I was not aware of this. What is the most common fix to the problem?
Old 05-16-2014, 06:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
I went with the LS2 pump... fits fine. Got it a as a takeoff from an LS2 crate for like $95 from Scoggin Dickey. So that's an option if you want something that works and isn't too expensive (and is newer than what you have).

The steam crossover, I bought the BMR coolant bypass kit and used silicone radiator hose to fashion up something that goes from the steam crossover to the radiator. You definitely want to keep the cross over there, but you need to lightly tap the crossover out of the way of the TB. Once it's out of the way, you can run any kind of hose you can find from the crossover to the radiator and it would work fine.

I'll take a better pic tomorrow. But this shows the coolant hose coming underneath my intake to the radiator. It's coming from the cross-over tube. The BMR kit is handy... it comes with two aluminum barbed fittings that I used in two places to get all my hoses clamped down properly. So yes, it's a bit expensive at $19 but it was worth it for me to fab up a couple of custom lines with my BeCool radiator.

Jake, nice looking ride there that you have. I'm in for some more pictures of your coolant bypass set up. I was just hoping that it was as simple as just install the block off plates cap off the hose where it goes back to the radiator and be done with it. Guess it's not. I will have to take a closer look at it this weekend. I'm just tired of all of these little pop ups!!! Ready to hear her roar.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Originally Posted by slowsol95
So the Fast 102mm intake and 102mm throttle body when installed interfere with the stock ls1 water pump? I was not aware of this. What is the most common fix to the problem?
Yup. I didn't even try to fit it with the LS1. As I said, I got a take-off, never used LS2 pump from SD. They had them for sale last year... still might. The LS2 GTO pumps are what you want since they fit our serpentine belt system.

I just went back and looked. It was $110 for the pump and $10.50 for the gaskets (which are different than the LS1 gaskets):

GM 19256263 Water Pump Assembly
GM 12630223 Water Pump Gaskets
Old 05-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Super Hulk Smash

This shows the stock cross-over tube, hammered into place with the stock rubber line (it wouldn't come off - but I needed it anyway), the BMR barb fitting, and the silicon hose. The hose was designed to attach to the stock TB, but the BMR barb fitting essentially replaces it in this setup. I'm going to play around with it a bit to make sure it never touches the WP, but right now, it's got a good 1.5-2" of clearance.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

Finally got around to running my steam tubes today. Heck after I got them done I went ahead and put the motor in also. After going and watching a little street racing last night I was motivated today lol!!!
Here is how I ran mine. I still have to runit back to the radiator. Project for another day. And yes I will be replacing the brass tee for a stainless one tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Fast 102 Fitiment Questions-steam-tube-1-.jpg   Fast 102 Fitiment Questions-steam-tube-2-.jpg   Fast 102 Fitiment Questions-steam-tube-3-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fast 102 Fitiment Questions