Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Luck With These Guys???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any Luck With These Guys???

PERFROMANCE AUTOMOTIVE AND TRANSMISSION CENTER OUT OF LOUISIANA, LOCATED AT 4L60-E.COM, THINKING OF USING EITHER ONE OF THEIR UNITS, OR AT LEAST BUYING PARTS FROM THEM. ANYONE OUT THERE
USED THEM?? I AM LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK, GOOD OR BAD THANKS
Old 05-18-2004, 08:57 AM
TECH Veteran

I would recommend checking out our sponsors to the right for a good built trans or parts------------->

Speed Inc
TCI
YANK
are just a few that come to mind, but their are many others to choose from also.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:42 AM
On The Tree

ive read bad news before but have no experience with them. they had been reported to the bbb before and people have had problems with some of there parts. they have an attractive website with all the good pics and stuff but beware. im happy with the flp trans so far.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

I bought a rebuild kit from them and a couple of other small parts and had no problems!
Old 05-27-2004, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 66LS1NOVA
PERFROMANCE AUTOMOTIVE AND TRANSMISSION CENTER OUT OF LOUISIANA, LOCATED AT 4L60-E.COM, THINKING OF USING EITHER ONE OF THEIR UNITS, OR AT LEAST BUYING PARTS FROM THEM. ANYONE OUT THERE
USED THEM?? I AM LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK, GOOD OR BAD THANKS
I have their "Mega Raptor" tranny in my C5. They did a good job getting it to my tuner, but he was a dick when I had a question about the purchase.

Had to go back last week, to use the 6 month warranty(drove all the way to Bossier City La.)or I would have had to pay r/r and shipping both ways. They're roughly 200 miles from the DFW area, so I just decided to drive it down there.
Took 'em 2 days to fix it, so I had to get a hotel room while I was there.
Although they seem to have done a good job repairing the tranny, they put my rear suspension bolts back in upside down!

After going through the expense and time of driving down there, loss of my personal time, hotel expense, and gas, not to mention buying meals for 2 days, I think I could appreciate more, having purchased one nearer the DFW area.

Now...having said that...he did upgrade what he said were 6 blue plate clutches, to 8 blue plate 3/4 clutches, which he indicated was a new developement , and changed my narrow band to an all steel wide band for "free"...only thing is I was thinking that was part of their Mega Raptor deal to begin with. Had to pay their r/r, which was a very reasonable $280, also.

Bottom line was, I did save around $200 after all costs were in, and I was just happy to get the damn thing fixed, and not hitting the rev-limiter on the 2-3 shift any more!!!

The tranny is holding up fine now, even after several runs. So you'll know...I have a 430rwhp H/C LS6...3:73's, 3200 Vig, etc.

Honestly...if it's still holding strong several months later, I might consider going back to them again, though.(you can bet I'll be checking the suspension bolts before I leave, if there is a next time.) I'll post again at a later date, to give an update on how it's performing then.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks Alot For Your Feedback, That Is Exactly What I Was Looking For, I Dont Think I'm Even Going To Give Them A Chance, Ill Just Buy A Master Racing Overhaul Kit From Tci And Go That Route Instead. Thanks Again For All Of Your Advice