Sponsored by: DashLynx

Z06 Fuel Rail Covers On a Ws6

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z06 Fuel Rail Covers On a Ws6

What modifications will i have to make to get z06 covers on my ws6 ls1
any fine details to get them looking factory, and where to obtain any pieces if i need to buy something to convert whatever....
Thanks
Old 05-17-2004, 10:51 PM
Teching In

by the looks of some pictures the oil dip stick seems to be directly to the left of the oil fill cap on the zo6's but on the ls1 bird it seems to be a left a little and upwards (towards the cockpit/ back of the motor) that looks like it may interfer... has anyone done this????
Old 05-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you using the Z06 covers because you want to keep the red? If your going to have them painted or you don't mind the black ones, they are a little bit easier to fit on our cars (less cutting). Anyways you can probably do a search and find more then enough info and picture's on how to do it.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The ZO6 covers only have one cut in them for the fuel lines
Old 05-23-2004, 10:33 PM
Teching In

i was actually thinking since the fuel rail covers are the VISIBLE parts... instead of F*cking up the fuel rail covers hacking and cutting them to fit, how about i modify other stuff to accept these fuel rail covers AS IS.
The oil dipstick i beleive is in the way, i could probably order a flexible one for like 50 bucks??? im pretty sure they're out there. the AIR injection tube and **** i need to remove... how should i go about doing this? wont set any codes will it? (SES??) In the middle of the engine (by the intake manifold a little more to the driver side) is a metal bracket the holds 2 wires up a bit i can delete this all together or just bend it out of the way, the other thing i noticed was the bracket that holds the throttle cable, it is a little extended so i need to either saw this off, or modify it somehow... (why does it come out like that??? as if able to accept another throttle linkage.....)
anything wrong with the above statements or for some reason won't work please let me know on your thoughts, id really like to sneak by without cutting or modifying these covers.
Oh and to answer the above question i bought these because they are red as apose to the C5 covers.