Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New ATI balancer/Evans water Pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New ATI balancer/Evans water Pump

I installed a stock size ATI balancer and evans water pump.

Car feels good..but under full throttle at about 3500rpm it revs differently. Feels more aggressive. I'm concerned it's not balanced now. I pulled the old one off using a 3 jaw and a socket which sat on the crank and it came off smooth enough. I installed evenly using the hawk tool and a new ARP balancer bolt which is torqued to the 235ft lbs recommended. This was with the arp oil on the end of the threads with rtv on the washer on either side and in the keyhole.

This is on an 02 fbody with a stock suspension/bottom/top end and 80K on the clock.

Thoughts?
Old 05-28-2014, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone with an ATI balancer have this issue?

I read somewhere that the evans pump requires a shorter belt. Could the vibration be the belt slipping because it is too long? I bought a 77in belt and it was too short, I have a 78 on the way to test and it is currently running the stock 79 in belt.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:31 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have that exact set up on my 98 TA. I used a gatorback belt, stock length, and a solid belt tensioner. Never had any problems with mine.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 05-28-2014, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I don't get any knock, vibration is new though. We'll see what happens when I toss on the solid mounts and the poly trans mounts.

Quick Reply: New ATI balancer/Evans water Pump