PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need PCM advise

Old 05-18-2004, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need PCM advise

I am about to convert my A4 to an M6 and I am getting a PCM and wiring harness out of a 2000 M6 TA. They TA owner is selling his LS1 and I am selling my 4l60 with it. I was planning on just selling the PCM and harness from my car with the motor and trans, so that the buyer would have the whole setup, but I am wondering about the VIN # with our computers. Will this cause any problems if I go to sell my car? Should I find another PCM and harness to sell with the motor and keep mine?
Old 05-18-2004, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shouldn't cause a problem... worst case you can go to the dealership and have the PCM flashed w/your vin (50-75 bux usually) or if you have access to a Autotap Version 2 cable PM me and I can assist....
Old 05-18-2004, 10:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, thanks a lot. I already made a deal with the guy who's buying everything and then started thinking about the Computers having the VIN to our cars. I wasn't sure if reflashing the computer would change the VIN or not. I've been worrying about it all morning. I didn't want to have to spend money to buy a PCM to give to the guy so that I could keep mine after I already made a deal to sell it very cheap. Thanks again.

Search this Thread