Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e Trans guys. Have a technical question. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60e Trans guys. Have a technical question. Please help

Ok guys. I'll make this story short. I have a 4l60e behind an ls1 with stock wiring harness and computer. It has all been swapped Into my 98 v6 camaro. The Trans is a built Trans that I know worked in the car it came out of. Anyways I've had issues off and on lately: sometimes It's fine. Other times it will shift from first straight to third, and if I pull down to second it will attempt to pull, but eventually kick out and just free rev. We'll my car was messed up for a week, then this last week it was perfect. It was dynod yesterday but the tuner was controlling the shifts via hp tuners, so we know the Trans isn't hurt. Last night it acted up some more and after driving a few times and hitting bumps it worked flawlessly, then back messed up. We have narrowed it down to a possible wire that has been pinched chaffed or even a pin In the connector. I need to do some testing. And I know there are 14 wires on the connector. So which one should I be looking for the shift into second gear. I have a wiring diagram of all the colors, but no clue which wire or wires are actually the one in control of the shift into second gear. Also if anyone knows which pin it is in connector or computer connector that would be awesome. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by 355 RS; 05-31-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:32 PM

Received 388 Likes on 297 Posts

You should look at the wiring for Solenoid A. Here are the pinouts and diagrams:

See my post #4 in this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...lems-help.html

And a full diagram:
http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/wiring.html

Quick Reply: 4l60e Trans guys. Have a technical question. Please help