*Sale* Kooks LT Headers/Y-Pipes In Stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Sale* Kooks LT Headers/Y-Pipes In Stock

We just received another stocking order of F-Body Kooks headers. We have the following in stock ready to ship today:

All F-Body Headers are in 304 Stainless Steel with 3" Weld-On Collectors.

2001-02 1 3/4"
1998-98 1 3/4"
Magnaflow Catted Y-Pipes
Offroad Y-Pipes
O2 Extensions

PM, email or call us for ordering and pricing information. These sets will be going on a first come first serve basis.

- Matt

Last edited by TTPMatt; 05-26-2004 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

What kind of a deal can I gte for an order over $4,000 bucks? Call me at home asap

215-547-7273

Wayne Marshall
Old 05-25-2004, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt,my headers still haven't come. You said they were shipped on the 17th but couldn't give me a tracking number. I also talked to George and he said he couldn't find the shipping number. Since my conversation with George I have not been able to get intouch with you at all. I have left numerous messages with no return call.
I would like to know what is going on. If it has been shipped, it didn't come to my address. It doesn't take 10 days to ship from Jersey to Va. !!

Tim

Last edited by Hawkn01; 05-26-2004 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:54 PM
9 Second Club NA

Im kinda weiry too about my headers. I ordered them last Tuesday and I have yet to see them. I ordered through TTP Performance (Matt) but they were coming from a friend of his which really made me wiery about this whole deal. He states that they are a brand new set, I hope that is what I get. The car has been down because Im waiting on a set of headers. I hope they arrive soon and they are brand new as promised. Ive called and PMed him, but have yet to hear from him.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Banned

Tim: You have a PM. Kooks told me on the 14th that your headers were ready (PO # 29). And now as of this Monday it seems they haven't even be made yet. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this asap as they misled me in thinking they had already shipped.

Blackbeasst: You were emailed the tracking # on Monday, I'll PM you once again with it. As George told you since you had a problem with the shipping quote, the headers did not ship until this matter was resolved. We get charged a $10 handling fee, so this needs to be passed on to our customers otherwise we're out this money on a product that has little profit margin as is.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
Tim: You have a PM. Kooks told me on the 14th that your headers were ready (PO # 29). And now as of this Monday it seems they haven't even be made yet.
Then wouldnt it make sense for you to overnight a set of headers out to him considering he did already pay you for them and as your thread heading says you have them in stock? Seems to me that he shouldnt have to wait for your supplier to come through at this point considering they work for you - not for him. And he has been waiting an awful long time now.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:31 PM
10 Second Club

Hannible, it seems my problem is with Kooks. The headers I ordered aren't the standard header they make. I tried to call Matt but as normal all I get is the awnsering machine, so I'm waiting for a return call.
I hate to bash Matt when it's really not his fault, it seems Kooks has alot to learn about customer service. Matt seems to be the middle man taking the heat for this situation.
Now if I can just get Matt to return my call maybe I can get a better idea what the deal is and when it will be taken care of.

TJ
Old 05-26-2004, 01:05 PM
9 Second Club NA

I was PMed the tracking number from where the headers were coming from only because I had to PM him first. Regardless, it should of been PMed or emailed from you, which what I was waiting for. I didnt receive any updates or phone calls whatsoever. Today is the first time Ive heard from you since last Tuesday when I placed my order. I didnt have a problem with the shipping quote, I was just curious as to why it was so much, I said that numerous times to George. I dont even know why he mentioned it because I told him that you and I discussed it and we had already settled it. The matter was resolved the same exact day that I placed my order, so it should of been shipped out that day if not the next. There shouldnt have been any hold on this matter because George had nothing to do with this deal. Hes only involved because I called up there looking for you on Thursday because I hadnt heard from you and he answered the phone. Well, he gave me the name of the guy who had the headers, so I called the shop looking for him to make sure that he was on the same page. Well he wasnt in, so I was given his cell number in which I discovered the rest of the story. But even then when I talked to the guy with the headers, he said that you hadnt given him my address, so how would he have shipped them out? I didnt mind paying the shipping charges, but it would of been nice for all this to have been taken care of a lot sooner. As I saw on this opening post, it clearly says that you have the 1 3/4 race headers in stock. So if that were true, then they would have gone out that very same day because there wouldnt have been a 3rd party to deal with. Any other shop that had something in stock and you order from them before UPS or Fed Ex comes, it goes out that day. It took 3 days before my headers went out and now they wont be showing up till this coming Friday in which I had hope to have them last week, possibly the beginning of this week. This really sets me back and puts me in a bind. I had hope to have my car put back together this week. Its been quite some time now since the car has been down. Ive ordered parts last week in which they already showed. The only thing Im waiting for are the headers. Matt, I am very greatful and thankful for the price you gave me, but Im a little disappointed in the way things were handled. I just didnt expect to go through this with you. You seemed like a very easy person to deal with on the phone. After my order was placed, it didnt seem that way anymore. I dunno, maybe Im over analyzing this, but maybe not. I hope that the headers are new as you stated they were. I was wiery about this whole thing and this is why.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:21 PM
10 Second Club

OK, I just got off the phone with Kooks. They said that they have run the 1 3/4 and are running the 1 7/8 now. They plan on running the stepped headers next week. He said they have 8 sets of the stepped to make. This was straight from Nick at Kooks.
Looks to be another week or so waiting for my headers. When they are done and shipped Nick said he would e-mail me a tracking number.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Banned

BlackBeaSSt: Yes we understand your concerns and also understand ours. We had no reason to give the OK to Don to ship the headers because of the unresolved problem. More over than that, a set of 1 3/4" or any set of headers coming from Kooks takes 2-4 weeks.. Our last stocking order took almost 2 months to come in. You were one of the lucky ones that didn't have to wait months for their set. I'm not saying I'm not at fault for the delay, but you did get a brand new set of headers out faster than anyone of my customers have because we had an extra set sitting at a VERY good friend's shop.

Hawkn: I spoke to Nick before. If you have ANY problems with them please PM me asap. If you need to be in contact with me I will leave my personal cell phone in your PM box right now.

- Matt
Old 05-26-2004, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks Matt. Seems there was some misinformation given to you on Kooks part, hopefully I will have them in a few weeks.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:27 PM
9 Second Club NA

I didnt know there was an unresolved problem. If youre referring to the shipping issue, we discussed it the day I placed my order, just later that day. I remember calling you back shortly after I placed my order because the shipping cost hit me and I had to find out why it was so much. You told me the situation and I was ok with it, I just wanted to be filled in so that I knew where my money was going. I dont see how that was unresolved and why that kept you from giving Don the ok to ship them. From what I found out anyways, he didnt have my info to do so. I also understand that it takes 2-3 weeks for a set of headers to be shipped from Kooks directly, but as you made it clear for anyone to see, you stated in your opening post that you had the headers in stock. I understand that I got them quicker than I would if I had to have them drop shipped, but thats not the issue. Besides the price you gave me, you having them in stock was another reason why I went through you. It wouldnt of been a big deal if you would of just told me an exact day they were going out and to email or PM me the tracking number the same day so that I knew when to expect them. Regardless, if you had them in stock just like any other company, they should have gone out the day of the order. The only exception I could see is if your delivering company already came for the day in which they should have gone out the next day.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Banned

Blackbeasst: Yes I understand the point of the matter, as with anything supplies do run out. You were informed from day one that they were not at our shop, and of course I would have rather had them in my hands. Anyways, I don't want to beat a dead issue. Please accept my apologies on the shipping delay, if you feel confident in the future please come back our way and I will do right with you on the price of whatever products you need.

- Matt
Old 05-26-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

Man, with all these problems why don't you guys buy the headers from Jet-hot (true equal length coated in/out 1 3/4" headers) that are absolutely beautiful for $500 straight from Jet-hot, even comes with a $25 gift certificate for later on. Absolutely fantastic service and FAST FAST FAST, the performance difference can't be much if any! Not trying to divert people but life is to short to have these many problems.
Scott
Old 05-26-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

ITs because the coating rusts off in a yr depending on where you lives, and its a PIA to take them off and send them back to Jet-Hot for recoating. Kooks Stainless headers last a LIFETIME.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:13 PM
TECH Regular

I guess we'll see about the coating (fingers crossed), Did you have personal experience with the rusty coating? I see people say on the for sale page that their coating is in great shape after a couple years when they post them for sale.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:07 PM

FWIW, Matt tries his hardest to make things right. I sent 2 people to him that bought LTs and Y pipes and Kooks dropped the ball on both of them. I think the problem may be with Kooks (since they are a custom type header) and not Matt.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:15 PM
9 Second Club NA

I called shortly after you posted this thread, so they couldnt have just ran out. You should of specified that you only had 1 set and that they werent at your particular shop in the beginning post so that I and whoever else was viewing was aware a head of time. Youre right, you did mention where they were after we had discussed and settled everything. I knew right then I didnt like the fact that they were coming from somewhere else, but I needed a set of headers and I needed them right away. Its been bugging me ever since and you know that because I called back shortly afterwards just to double check if they were new even though I asked you a few times already when we first spoke. Anyhow, its a done deal and theres nothing I can do. I would of understood and accepted all of this if you would of just got in touch with me a lot sooner and came out and apologized. It took a week and all this typing to finally get an apology from you. Apologies, explanations, and getting in touch with someone in a timely manner go a long way. Anyhow, when they show and they are indeed new, then everything is cool. That is the only thing that worries me now. How 'bout a full refund on the shipping for the delay?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Customer service goes a long way. But on another note, If the headers are coming from Don, I'm sure they are for sure new, from everything I have heard he is all above board.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBeaSSt
I called shortly after you posted this thread, so they couldnt have just ran out. You should of specified that you only had 1 set and that they werent at your particular shop in the beginning post so that I and whoever else was viewing was aware a head of time. Youre right, you did mention where they were after we had discussed and settled everything. I knew right then I didnt like the fact that they were coming from somewhere else, but I needed a set of headers and I needed them right away. Its been bugging me ever since and you know that because I called back shortly afterwards just to double check if they were new even though I asked you a few times already when we first spoke. Anyhow, its a done deal and theres nothing I can do. I would of understood and accepted all of this if you would of just got in touch with me a lot sooner and came out and apologized. It took a week and all this typing to finally get an apology from you. Apologies, explanations, and getting in touch with someone in a timely manner go a long way. Anyhow, when they show and they are indeed new, then everything is cool. That is the only thing that worries me now. How 'bout a full refund on the shipping for the delay?
Since I'm "Don" and got wrapped into this,here you go.
Matt is a stand up guy.Matt knew I had a set at my shop(because Kooks sent me an extra set) that he offered these for sale to get them off my hands.So if I didn't have these,BlackbeaSST would not have headers coming and would be waiting 2-4 weeks for a set to be made.I sent them when the OK was given,I even checked them out fully to make sure there was no damage and 100% new so there will be no more problems.
As said above,lets stop beating a dead horse.

Quick Reply: *Sale* Kooks LT Headers/Y-Pipes In Stock