Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting degree wheel to crank??

Old 05-18-2004, 12:46 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Mounting degree wheel to crank??

Is there a special nut that fits the LS1 crank to mount a degree wheel? Or do you just bolt it on with the old crank bolt? I'm concerned about being able to turn the crank forward/backwards without disturbing the position of the degree wheel. Anyone have trouble with this??

Thanks,

Craig
Old 05-18-2004, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fastWS6
Is there a special nut that fits the LS1 crank to mount a degree wheel? Or do you just bolt it on with the old crank bolt? I'm concerned about being able to turn the crank forward/backwards without disturbing the position of the degree wheel. Anyone have trouble with this??

Thanks,

Craig
With the pulley off, I put the degree wheel over a used bolt, dropped on a big washer, and ran it in. I carefully centered the wheel (none of the adapters would clear the stock bolt) and then hit it with an impact. I turned it back and forth with a ratchet and socket without problems.

When I put the new pulley on, I had to elongate the holes in the wheel a bit as the radius of the small pulley was larger than the wheel. Then I put a socket on the bolt, put the wheel on with 3 short 5/16" bolts, and stuck an extension through the hole in the wheel. Again, no problems.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:21 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool. I'll try the impact. Thanks Carl.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mounting degree wheel to crank??