Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

LNC-2000 install issues.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LNC-2000 install issues.

Hey all, i'm trying to install an lnc-2000 in my buddys '98 vette 6-speed. I have the easy part figured out (coil pack connectors). I'm working on the launch control part right now since he doesn't have his nitrous kit yet.
I wired it for activation via the neutral safety switch near the floor and I can get the relay I installed to "click", but now the starter won't engage, as if the neutral safety switch isn't working. Does anyone have a clear representation of how the wiring should be in a C5 vette? I thought I had it figured out but i'm stumped at the moment.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1998 Corvette clutch switch install

Did you follow the instructions included with the LNC-2000 for connecting to the neutral/starter switch? Did you use a relay as described on page 12?

Attached is a JPG of that page.

Here is a link to the full instructions as well:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/sites/lp...ler%20v2.0.pdf

Originally Posted by 93M6Formula
Hey all, i'm trying to install an lnc-2000 in my buddys '98 vette 6-speed. I have the easy part figured out (coil pack connectors). I'm working on the launch control part right now since he doesn't have his nitrous kit yet.
I wired it for activation via the neutral safety switch near the floor and I can get the relay I installed to "click", but now the starter won't engage, as if the neutral safety switch isn't working. Does anyone have a clear representation of how the wiring should be in a C5 vette? I thought I had it figured out but i'm stumped at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails LNC-2000 install issues.-lnc-clutch-switch-page.jpg  
Old 06-04-2014, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes that's the exact diagram I followed, The only difference is that the green wire is yellow on the corvette which i'm sure doesn't make a difference.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

One thing that might be wrong is where I sourced the keyed 12v. I spliced into an ignition fuse in the passenger side floor mounted fuse box. Is there a better spot to do it on a C5 corvette?
Old 06-05-2014, 03:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Clutch/starter switch wiring

As long as the source is key-on +12 volt, that should be fine.

If the LNC-2000 is activating then you likely have a +12 volt source. I

If the LNC-2000 is activating when you have the clutch depressed but the starter doesn't then you likely have something on the other side of the relay wired wrong (on the NC/NO side) or you don't have a good ground on pin 86.

One thing that might be wrong is where I sourced the keyed 12v. I spliced into an ignition fuse in the passenger side floor mounted fuse box. Is there a better spot to do it on a C5 corvette?
Old 06-05-2014, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
As long as the source is key-on +12 volt, that should be fine.

If the LNC-2000 is activating then you likely have a +12 volt source. I

If the LNC-2000 is activating when you have the clutch depressed but the starter doesn't then you likely have something on the other side of the relay wired wrong (on the NC/NO side) or you don't have a good ground on pin 86.
Noted, I will take a look at that.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Found the issue...
The 12V keyed source I used was accessory only and turned off while cranking. Found an ignition source and boom! Fired right up and worked flawlessly.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:45 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default 12v source

Glad you found the problem. I hadn't thought of that as a potential problem - I will try to remember that if this comes up again. Next time I update the instructions I might put a note about that as a reminder.

Thanks for keeping us all informed on the solution - always helpful when we get closure on a thread like this and know how it was resolved.

Found the issue...
The 12V keyed source I used was accessory only and turned off while cranking. Found an ignition source and boom! Fired right up and worked flawlessly.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah that's a good idea! The instructions were pretty good I thought otherwise.

And yes I hate when a thread dies and never gets an answer to a problem. I figured it would be a good idea to update.

Just an FYI for C5 vette owners, I tapped into an ignition fuse in the under hood fuse block. I will have to look at which number it was, I can't remember.

Quick Reply: LNC-2000 install issues.