Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

N2O + Bolt-On Trans AM Vs Cobalt

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default N2O + Bolt-On Trans AM Vs Cobalt

So my buddy with the LS1 Camaro decided to sell it and buy a Mach 1 (he's trying to runs 9's or some ****, heard they are unbeatable), but before he sold it, pulled his NX wet kit and sold it to another guy we know with a LS1 Trans Am. So now the guy with the T/A wants some of the Cobalt (or Trollbalt as it's affectionately known around here). The TA is a couple years older than the Camaro, so it has the shittier heads, but does have a swapped LS6 intake. He made 310whp all motor through a Strange S60 rear just a couple weeks ago before the N2O and the LS6 intake manifold.

We had the hardest time setting up this race -- first spot was a bust. It has the best road conditions, but we caught the guys from the oil pipeline and transfer station at a bad time and they were running semis up and down the road so we couldn't race. 2nd spot was a bust too -- there's a fire training facility close and they were doing night training, so we left and went to the last resort spot. Reason it's the last resort spot is that they chip sealed the road and all the gravel they dumped on it is loose so the surface isn't smooth at all and there's lots of loose **** on the surface. Pretty much the worst surface ever for drag radials. lol. I have never (even on my regular all seasons) spun so bad in 2nd gear that I was at the rev limiter and couldn't gauge when to shift to 3rd so I ended up waiting too long and let it fall on its face. I stopped the TA's pull partway through 3rd and started to pull back in 4th, but it was too late to close the gap.

After the race, we were looking at it and there were literally 2 black marks from my rolling burnout going for about 300ft in the left lane. We're gonna do a rematch with better bottle pressure for the TA and a better surface for the Cobalt. I'm pretty sure I can get him with a better road and not spinning so bad I can't gauge when to shift into 3rd.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Nice runs. What exactly are these "bolt ons" you speak of lol
Old 06-03-2014, 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I bet intake, dp, intercooler.
He's at altitude.

I trapped 109 in mine with just dp and tune on 93
:-)
Old 06-03-2014, 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

I need me some e85.

Hello, hello Will/Tyler, you out there? :-D
Old 06-04-2014, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TastyC10
Nice runs. What exactly are these "bolt ons" you speak of lol
Hugger's got it. Hahn CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, Upper/Lower Chargepipes, ZZP Bolt-In Upgraded FMIC. 25psi tune on E85. Stock catback, stock clutch, stock head/cams/bottom end, stock fuel system. It's got a booster seat in the passenger rear too.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by M29_Formula
Hugger's got it. Hahn CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, Upper/Lower Chargepipes, ZZP Bolt-In Upgraded FMIC. 25psi tune on E85. Stock catback, stock clutch, stock head/cams/bottom end, stock fuel system. It's got a booster seat in the passenger rear too.
Car seat mod ftw....I have 2!
Becuz family racecar
Old 06-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs, I be the trollbalt hurts lots of feerings.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by M29_Formula
Hell yeah. I like it man.

Quick Reply: N2O + Bolt-On Trans AM Vs Cobalt