Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finishing up piecing a kit together.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finishing up piecing a kit together.

I just picked up a few items off the classifieds here, and want some opinions on what else I should buy before starting the install. Pretty much completely new to nitrous fyi.

NX 20118-10 kit: Mostly there, missing a few small things that I am getting from Garrett on Friday (Was missing nozzle bung, 150 jets, bolt kit). This kit has the lightning solenoids, WOT switch, shark nozzle. Bottle needs recert.

Racetronix pump & hotwire kit

HSW Microedge

I already have a pressure gauge & bottle heater. I am leaning towards mounting the bottle in the spare tire well.

Current engine mods on the car: AI LS6 heads, 235/242 111+3 cam, 1 7/8 Kooks headers with 3" x-pipe dumped, Fast 92, 92mm TB. 36lb FAST injectors 10.8:1 compression

Looking for opinions on what accessories I should pick up, planning on getting a purge, and a blowdown tube. Curious as to what spark plugs to switch to as well. (150 shot is the plan). Anything else I should take a look at?
Old 06-03-2014, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most here will recommend the BR7EF non projected tip plug. The TR6 was the nitrous plug back in the day, but the BR7EF is considered to be the choice of most for 150 shot and less. As you increase from there, you can step to a 9 and even higher (colder) heat range plug. Try those plugs and let us know what you think. I am having some misfiring issues on those plugs but am certain its other issues causing that, which I am correcting now.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ezzlez28
I just picked up a few items off the classifieds here, and want some opinions on what else I should buy before starting the install. Pretty much completely new to nitrous fyi.

NX 20118-10 kit: Mostly there, missing a few small things that I am getting from Garrett on Friday (Was missing nozzle bung, 150 jets, bolt kit). This kit has the lightning solenoids, WOT switch, shark nozzle. Bottle needs recert.

Racetronix pump & hotwire kit

HSW Microedge

I already have a pressure gauge & bottle heater. I am leaning towards mounting the bottle in the spare tire well.

Current engine mods on the car: AI LS6 heads, 235/242 111+3 cam, 1 7/8 Kooks headers with 3" x-pipe dumped, Fast 92, 92mm TB. 36lb FAST injectors 10.8:1 compression

Looking for opinions on what accessories I should pick up, planning on getting a purge, and a blowdown tube. Curious as to what spark plugs to switch to as well. (150 shot is the plan). Anything else I should take a look at?
A purge will defiantly help you in your 60ft times as well as give you a way to lower your bottle pressure.

I would recommend you using the NGK BR7EF's for plugs as well.

Trey
Old 06-04-2014, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know what the hsw microedge is i assume a window/wot switch. may wanna look in to pulling timing out, not mentioned in ur op, if not tuning it on the kit the lnc2000 is plug and play and keeps it safe.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDEP162
i dont know what the hsw microedge is i assume a window/wot switch. may wanna look in to pulling timing out, not mentioned in ur op, if not tuning it on the kit the lnc2000 is plug and play and keeps it safe.
The microedge is a window switch, and a ton of other features. It will be getting tuned for the nitrous. Just have 1 tune and call it a day.

Quick Reply: Finishing up piecing a kit together.