Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin Turbo 5.3 wiring questions

Old 06-06-2014, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Turbo 5.3 wiring questions

Hello all. i just officially joined LS1tech but have been trolling and getting info from you guys for years. i have already done a few LS swaps and i want to step it up on my new project which is a 69 chevelle i want to go twin turbo 5.3 with. I have a few questions i'm hoping some one can help me out with. i understand the plumbing involved with a twin turbo ls set up but the part i can not wrap my head around is the wiring/computor part. some guys use a MAF some guys us a wide band O2 (or something like that) sensor.... basically speaking WHAT DO I NEED to get this up and running??

Thanks in advance
Old 06-06-2014, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you using the stock computer? If so, you'd need HP Tuners or EFI live, preferably the 0411 ecm, wideband and a 2 or 3 bar map depending on the amount of boost you want to run.

I personally run mine open loop speed density with the stock ecm. This means that I only use my map, no o2 sensors or maf.

The better setup and more expensive setup is an aftermarket system like Holley HP EFI/domintor, or BS3. These actually can use the wideband or widebands to correct fueling if something does go wrong.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Camarod, thank you for the response and info! I was considering the MSD Atomic EFI but the price, in my opinion, is so steep at $2500

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Twin Turbo 5.3 wiring questions