Price check on value of 99ws6 complete or parted out.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Price check on value of 99ws6 complete or parted out.

Runs & drives... SALVAGED TITLED 99 ws6, auto, 85k miles, black paint, grey leather interior. Clear coat is coming off in certain places, ac is not working, rearend bearings are making noise not the gears, coolant leaking behind block somewhere, oil leak either front seal or oil pan, dash its self is cracked from accident but air bags didn't deploy and I never replaced the dash. Just need a lil info listed below so I can decide what I wanna do with it as I don't know if I want to sink a lot of money back into it

What do you think the car is worth complete? Or As a roller?

What is the complete engine/tranny swap worth?

If I part out what do you think I can get if parted out on the Low side value?
Old 06-06-2014, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Auto cars are almost impossible to sell for any descent money. It just took a friend several months to sell motor, trans, wire harness, and computer from a 99 TA w/120k miles for a grand. There are tons of these for sale on craigslist that were on there the last time I started looking for my Firehawk long ago. You will get lots of interested callers just to send them away when they **** you off. I would say you may get a little more for your motor, trans, etc. because of the lower miles. Good luck to you and be patient.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah auto cars don't sell for anything which I can't complain as that's the market and no demand for themat all. I can't believe that ls1/a4 swap would only sell for $1000. I was thinking they would be worth at least 2-$2500 as 6 spds were going in the $3k + range but I haven't seen any current ls1/t56 swaps lately.

I know exactly what your talking about on people calling n bs games they play. It can get old but ya just tell them good bye.

Thanks for some real input especially on the swap as that's what i thought was worth money or was worth money. Times have changed
Old 06-07-2014, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't want any parts from it. I would get it looking right and sell it for $4000 firm on Craigslist (which is bottom dollar for a running driving ls1 fbody IMO)

The swap with harness and trans is valued at $1200, the problem is I doubt you could get $1200 for the rest of the car as a complete roller

And thusly as a running vehicle the value as is; $2400
Old 06-07-2014, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just depends on your area. I'm in yuppie ville so people pay a little more around here. But most if them are from Cali so that explains it. As said auto cars aren't worth much. You may get lucky and sell the motor for a good price.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Chrysler I hate that value as it may be true, i just have to realize it.
I may list the compete pull out for $2500 locally as its still in the car and they can hear it run and drive it and they will get anything and everything for the swap. Maybe some one will buy it maybe not. Can't hurt to try
Old 06-07-2014, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 pwrd NOVA
Hey Chrysler I hate that value as it may be true, i just have to realize it.
I may list the compete pull out for $2500 locally as its still in the car and they can hear it run and drive it and they will get anything and everything for the swap. Maybe some one will buy it maybe not. Can't hurt to try
I guess, parting out is such a hassle I would just skip the process and sell it whole
Old 06-07-2014, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I don't get a decent offer for the drivetrain I'm keeping it for a swap.
Fk it....
Old 06-08-2014, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 pwrd NOVA
If I don't get a decent offer for the drivetrain I'm keeping it for a swap.
Fk it....
Get it done. Swaps bring a much better dollar. Third gen camaros, fox bodies, rx7's, trucks, etc. AC sells the **** out of them though.

Quick Reply: Price check on value of 99ws6 complete or parted out.