General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I can't win! Now an Electrical Issue!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Angry I can't win! Now an Electrical Issue!

I can't win! Now an Electrical Issue!

Now I have some electrical glitch going on with the map lights in my mirror and back seat Q-Panel trim; they would not turn off.

So I start opening the doors, trunk and pushing every damn button and NOTHING....then I say **** IT and concede to the fact that I was going to have to pull the terminal from my battery.

So... I put the top up (it's a vert)... I roll up the Pass window... I roll up the Driver window... AH-HA! The lights fade out!

I knew there was some kind of an issue with my Driverside door, because the lights wont come on and the radio wont turn off, when you open the door, but this has never happened before.

I'm not any good with wires or electrical issues; as far as I am concerned, electrical problems are the WORST! Does anyone have an idea what it would be? I'm assuming it's something inside the door.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Weird. The door activated light switch on my 1995 is on the base of the A pillar between the two door hinges on the car frame. Your's could be in the door, but I'm thinking GM kept them the same from 1993-2002. I could be wrong though.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

When you open the door with the key in the ignition, do you get the "ding" warning? If so, that would be another indication of the door switch.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

NOPE! Not getting the DING warning. I guess the wiring or button is FUBAR'ed!

Quick Reply: I can't win! Now an Electrical Issue!