Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trouble with converter

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble with converter

I'm trying to install a new Circle D converter and having a tough time. We mounted the converter in the tranny by putting the tranny on it's tails shaft and spinning and spinning and spinning the converter. When I measure the distance from the mounting pads to the bell housing I'm getting 1 inch. But when we mount it on the block, the converter will not turn at all. Anything else I should try?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 06-07-2014, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id make sure there wasn't a burr of any kind on the converter hub where it meets the pump or in that area. Lay it down on its pan and use the palm of your hand to push up and back at a 45 degree angle on the little round part that goes in the hole in the back of the crank while spinning it with the other hand.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jemo
I'm trying to install a new Circle D converter and having a tough time. We mounted the converter in the tranny by putting the tranny on it's tails shaft and spinning and spinning and spinning the converter. When I measure the distance from the mounting pads to the bell housing I'm getting 1 inch. But when we mount it on the block, the converter will not turn at all. Anything else I should try?

Thanks,
Jeff
Glad you got it figured out, the spacers can be confusing. Any more questions let us know.

Chris

Quick Reply: trouble with converter