Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

center of yoke missing

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default center of yoke missing

To explain maybe, why this happened. I was loosing some fluid from my vent tube. My vent comes off trans with a T, to a drain on one side and a vent cap on the other. So I thought I would plug the drain and extend the vent side higher so it would just be vented. I test drove the car and when I stopped I was leaking a lot of fluid. Got the car up and found out fluid was coming from the center of my yoke. The cap in the center is missing. So I checked the vent to see if it was clogged and found out that the cap on the vent is a one way valve. It lets air in but not out. I guess with the breather not venting out pressure it blew out the center of the yoke. I've read some have found a freeze plug to fit. Also wondered if I could cut a piece of metal and weld in place? Does anyone have any input? Please share, Thanks.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

Forgot to mention its a 4l60e.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

I removed the drive shaft and the yoke from the universal joint and cut a piece of metal welded in place. {I really don't see how a cap could have been pressed in. It only had about a 1/16 lip for something to be pressed into.} I also removed the one way vent cap from the top of the vent tube that is extended up to the valve cover and all seems good so far.

Quick Reply: center of yoke missing