Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New engine mounts.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New engine mounts.

From scratch I'm building engine mounts to put a 5.3, 2005 aluminum block into a 70 vette frame. The original frame mounts were removed when I rebuilt the frame to take on a complete C4 monospring suspension. I have bought new 2001 Vette fluid filled engine isolators.
(1)The isolators have a rubber side and a steel side. Does the steel cup side go on the bottom? I know this seems dead obvious, but I'm just being sure.
(2) After installation, and the isolators take on the weight of the engine, do they compress somewhat? I am concerned about clearances for the balancer and serpentine belt installation.
(3) Does spacing the isolators closer to the frame, away from the engine, make a 'significant difference' with regards to rotational twisting forces from the engine? It's really only a matter of 3 to 4 inches in or out on either side, but I'm interested in anyone's thoughts here.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:03 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

This should probably be in External or Conversions. I'm going to move to External given that it's a question about the 01 Vette isolators. I'm not familiar with them.

Quick Reply: New engine mounts.