General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Slave Cylinder Leaking again!!! Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 02:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slave Cylinder Leaking again!!! Help

Hello, I posted in the manual transmission section as well, but I need as much help as I an get. This is my third BRAND NEW slave cylinder to leak right after being installed. I have adjusted the master all the way to the lowest point since reading how Tick master cylinders can blow slaves by pushing to much fluid. Well, that was the second slave. This slave I purchased afterwards was installed and i never even pressed the clutch pedal in, never even finished installing the driveshaft before I noticed the drops coming from the bellhousing.

So my question is, since it seems as if the master is causing the issues, how in the heck is it the case if the clutch has been adjusted to the lowest point? Also, is there any way I could be screwing up the slave by having to pull the transmission in with longer bolts to get the transmission mounted fully? The transmission will slide in easily until it stops at the throw out bearing. from that point I have to pull the transmission in with longer bolts.

I have mcleod street twin clutch and the alignment was checked numerous times and the tool slid in and out with no obstruction. slave cylinder bleeder was cracked open when attempting to push the transmission in further.

Here is the video showing the misery I have been dealing with for over a month now.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:51 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

This question is active in the Trans section: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...my-slaves.html

Quick Reply: Slave Cylinder Leaking again!!! Help